Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Miles and Miles of Trim

If you haven't guessed by the title, we are working on the trim. Still. There is just that much of it. When I said in the last post that the trim was finished, well, I meant finished being installed, not finished as in done finished. There is still a lot of work to do after the trim is put on, as you will see. And as I've said many times before, life is going on at the same time. Balancing the work with all of our other responsibilities is key! It is much easier with school out though. I can work during the day on the house and then the kids let me know when it's time to go down to the lake to cool off in the evening. It's kind of win, win.

I said back in this post how great it was when there was no prep work to do. We could just start painting because all of the prep work had been done already. Not so this time. We are slowed down by prep work. So much prep work. You know it's bad when I see green painter's tape in my sleep.


See all of these little nail holes? They all need to be filled and sanded and then painted.  

All of them.


Even though Ben applied a coat of paint to the trim before we put it on, we found it was definitely going to need a second coat. Enter the green painter's tape.


Lots...


...and...


...lots...


...of...


...tape!

(you get the idea!)


Lydia helped me!! *smile*


After all the holes are filled, then comes the sanding. I have gained a great new respect for the people in this profession!!


Daddy's little helper!


Painting the bedroom doors.



Second coat.


And so it goes, Phil and Ben cut and install the trim and I follow along behind them mudding, sanding, taping and painting.


The finished product looks amazing though!


Ben has been working on the beam in the living room/kitchen as well.


He covered it with fir flooring...


...sanded it and stained it to match the floor. It looks great!


Matt has been out of commission with a shoulder injury and we have most definitely been missing his help! Get well soon Matt! (real soon! *wink*)


Hannah and some friends went to a zip line for a pre-birthday celebration.


Such a great cake they gave her!


These three are going through a matching stage. It actually helps me keep track of them!


Cooling off after a hot day!


Ready for bed and yup, matching again!


 It's so beautiful to sit at the end of the day and watch the sun go down!


A real blessing for sure!




From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same, 
the Lord's name is to be praised.

Psalm 113:3


4 comments:

  1. Yippeeee!!! It's all coming together beautifully. And, yes...trim and taping...SO time consuming...but, so worth it all when it's done right. Hugs all around. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was there to help !!!!! But it's looks awesome !!! Your family's level of talent never ceases to amaze me !!!!
    Matt looks quite smart !!! I don't feel like he's missing the work lol !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I wish you were here too!! We would have fun, wouldn't we? Lol not sure how much work we get done but we would have fun!!!

      Delete