The wait is over! We had to go on a bit of a road trip to get it but we were finally able to pick up the counter/sink!
It looks much bigger in the parking lot than I expected.
It almost didn't fit in the van. Thankfully, we didn't have anyone else with us.
It really didn't look like it was going to fit. I admit, I held my breathe and feared the worst.
Phil did some last minute preparations and...
...it went in perfectly!! And we all breathed a sigh of relief!
(Mostly me! Why do I doubt?)
(Mostly me! Why do I doubt?)
...and a built in drain board to help keep the water IN the sink. If you've ever had children helping with the dishes, you'll know why this matters!
There is the option to use these drain plugs with drainage overflow built in.
It is definitely an industrial sink!
There is really nothing "pretty" about it. It's a work horse meant to clean up after 9 of us. But I really like it!
...and the cupboards for either side of it. The stove is also of the industrial variety so it can't have anything combustible beside, under or behind it. That's why we had concrete drywall installed behind it.
While we are in the city...
I'm not finding this as overwhelming because we have mostly decided on the faucet we want.
Mostly.
We have been waiting for the counter to go in to install the backsplash. We're leaning toward something like this.
But we like this too and how it ties all of the colours together. We (really meaning me) wanted to see the counter in before making the final decision.
Of course, no big city trip is complete without a trip to Costco too!
Back at home, we are still working on the downstairs trim.
But it is going much faster than the top floor. Thankfully!
So thankful the top floor is done.
Phil took the doors off the kitchen cabinets to install the trim around them.
Almost ready to put them back on.
There is even a hand rail going down to the basement now.
In non-house related jobs, Hannah and Steve finished the annual barn clean out. What a huge job that was!
The fire wood pile continues to grow as it is cut and stacked. It's hard to believe that we may start using it in a month or so.
Unfortunately, the garden has been neglected this year. But believe it or not, we are already thinking and planning for next year!
Sometimes, it is so much easier to see what we didn't get done rather than what we did accomplish. It's easy to be frustrated for not being able to "do it all". But the truth simply is, that we can't. Some things, we just have to let go. It is hard to prioritize and decide what gets cut according to the amount of time we have. And even so, we are tired. We feel overwhelmed. We are anxious about things out of our control. We truly depend on the Lord to help us and to strengthen us.
And thankfully, He does.
Sometimes, it is so much easier to see what we didn't get done rather than what we did accomplish. It's easy to be frustrated for not being able to "do it all". But the truth simply is, that we can't. Some things, we just have to let go. It is hard to prioritize and decide what gets cut according to the amount of time we have. And even so, we are tired. We feel overwhelmed. We are anxious about things out of our control. We truly depend on the Lord to help us and to strengthen us.
And thankfully, He does.
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah 41:10
Isaiah 41:10


Ooooohhhhh....you. are. SO. close!!!! I think you have installed an amazing sink that will be a blessing to you. And, that stove you are about to set into place....what FUN! It's all coming together so beautifully, sweet friend. SO happy for you! XOXO
ReplyDeleteThank you Camille! We're getting down to the final details now! It won't be long....hopefully!
DeleteThis is phenomenal!!!!! I can't wait to see you all moved in and living with the fruits of your labours. Everything is coming along so beautifully!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! It's finally starting to feel real! Finally. Lol
Delete