We are busy finishing up odds and ends inside the house and working on getting the water hooked up outside. We can't seem to go fast enough these days. Everyone is anxious to move but you just can't rush these things. There are only so many hours in each week to work with. The days are getting noticeably shorter leaving us less time during the week to work on outside jobs. The days are changing, the weather is changing, the nights are getting colder. Fall will be here soon. I try not to think too much about it and just do the next thing. The timing will work itself out.
We've been told they look alike. I think I can see it.
Working on the window wells.
Using a screen to separate the rocks from the dirt.
Part of getting the water hooked up is building a new pump house. This one needs to be replaced.
We decided to go with a concrete foundation.
Mixing it up a couple bags at a time.
Pouring it in and smoothing it out.
Phil puts on the finishing touches and...
...voila! Ready to build the walls.
The trim painting is mostly finished. I say "mostly" because there are still a couple of jobs that need to be done. Isn't that always the case?
Matt puts the finished doors back on.
I was worried we wouldn't get any garden produce this year but thanks to generous friends with gardens, we ate well!
Hannah and Steve filled up the barn with shavings for winter. That's $20 worth of shavings! A bargain for sure. Bring on winter! (Did I really just say that??)
No, no, don't be silly! I'm not ready for winter yet. Really, I'm not! I'm just ready for a break from these temperatures! (I was wondering why it was so uncomfortable where I was working!)
The animals will be happy to have somewhere warm when the weather gets colder.
One of these fellows was hatched in our incubator. They grow so fast!
After a long wait, Phil finally got a bamboo plant!
He's making a set of triple bunk beds!
Still another layer to go. The girls are very excited and can't wait to move in!
Hatching next years laying hens.
They are doing great and growing fast!
Off in the distance, can you see it? Yup, the leaves are changing.
Soaking up these beautiful days while we still can.
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Genesis 1:14
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Genesis 1:14










Oh man, I am sooooo exited for all of you. The house looks beautiful. I'm praying you'll be moved in soon ;-)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Kevin!!
DeleteYes, they DO look alike! Wonder why? Haha! Ben is doing an amazing job on those bunk beds....what FUN for the girls! Your lake is gorgeous...what a blessing to have such a gift not far from you...the Lord is so good to us, isn't He? I am getting itching feet to move in and it's not even me! I feel it in my bones....you are getting SO close! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete