Rain! There's been so much rain! That's not a complaint. Just an observation. But goodness, so much! And cooler than usual spring temperatures. Which translate into delays. Delays in planting. Delays in siding. And everything in between. We are making some progress but it is s.l.o.w. Everything will be later than we anticipated this year. It's OK. We have so much to be thankful for. Even the rain!
Let's be serious though, that's a lot of rain!!!
A little, ok a lot of rain, never stopped anyone from enjoying an afternoon walk.
It can actually be fun!
OK, everybody's idea of fun can be a little different.
So when you wake up to this, it just makes everything a little better.
And brighter!
Our walks are warm and comfortable. And dry!
You can stop and appreciate the beauty that surrounds us. I just love the juxtaposition of this old barn right in the middle of a field of new grass and flowers (ok, dandelions). Life and death side by side. It's truly beautiful!
We weren't the only ones out appreciating the warmth of the sun.
Once he realized we posed no threat, he carried on his way.
I love how the sun makes his feathers shine.
Ah, it's that time of year again!
Now doesn't that feel so much better?
The sheep burrow down deep in the grass for rest. Enjoying a peaceful afternoon!
The problem with a farm is that it isn't quiet for very long.
Whether you are getting a head start on next year's wood supply...
...or enjoying some outdoor and indoor activities, it can be pretty noisy at times.
Even after everyone has gone to bed, the sounds still don't stop.
(the camera is in our bedroom window after the lights are out)
(the camera is in our bedroom window after the lights are out)
On sunny days, we are thankful to be outside and working to prepare the soil for the garden. It will be a bit later than usual due to the weather.
There are buds on the trees!
It's a really great day when your neighbour stops by on his ride to give the kids a ride too! Abby is beside herself!!
Lydia is enjoying the view from way up on Mya!
Joey ran for his hat! (is it just me or is this horse posing?)
Even Hannah got in on the action!!
Sunny days also bring us and our sandwiches to the park.
Steve is putting his photography skills to work.
The scenery is lovely!
It feels good to be out in the sun!
Quiet conversations by the water's edge.
The beautiful weather also brings the riders out. Time for Matt to dust off the bike and enjoy a ride.
Whether you ride or jump, it's all good! Ben pops up to say "hello"!
And birthdays!
There's always birthdays!
We had four birthdays in one month!
This cake was fun to make!
Get ready to blow...
A fun surprise inside!!
I got to celebrate Abby's birthday with her this year. Ten years ago, when I was 32 weeks pregnant with Abby, I was diagnosed with cancer. It was a scary time, full of many uncertainties but it was also a time filled with great joy and peace. She was my calm and joy in the midst of a pretty big storm. I was given 34% as a ten year survival rate so to be with her on her 10th birthday is truly a gift from the Lord! As each of the breaths that we take are. Each day that we are given has been ordained by God before we take our first breath. There is such comfort in that as we are (I am) inclined to be anxious and worry about things that are out of our (my) control. That the Lord is mindful of us (me) is such a mystery. His thoughts toward us (me) outnumber the sand! His love is amazing!!
| And can it be that I should gain an interest in the Savior's blood! Died he for me? who caused his pain! For me? who him to death pursued? Amazing love! How can it be that thou, my God, shouldst die for me? Amazing love! How can it be that thou, my God, shouldst die for me? He left his Father's throne above (so free, so infinite his grace!), emptied himself of all but love, and bled for Adam's helpless race. 'Tis mercy all, immense and free, for O my God, it found out me! 'Tis mercy all, immense and free, for O my God, it found out me! Long my imprisoned spirit lay, fast bound in sin and nature's night; thine eye diffused a quickening ray; I woke, the dungeon flamed with light; my chains fell off, my heart was free, I rose, went forth, and followed thee. My chains fell off, my heart was free, I rose, went forth, and followed thee. No condemnation now I dread; Jesus, and all in him, is mine; alive in him, my living Head, and clothed in righteousness divine, bold I approach th' eternal throne, and claim the crown, through Christ my own. Bold I approach th' eternal throne, and claim the crown, through Christ my own. |
Charles Wesley
1707-1788
Meeting sweet, precious Abby for the first time!
May 2007
For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in secret and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with you.
Psalm 139:13-18
May 2007
For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in secret and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with you.
Psalm 139:13-18








What a great update with all the joy of LIFE!! Your family is full of joy and it's a blessing to see YOU celebrate with your sweet Abby on her tenth birthday. What amazing cakes you made for all those birthday celebrations, my friend....such talent! I am SO glad the Lord made our paths cross all those years ago. Much Love, Camille xoxo
ReplyDelete