My goal this week is to not complain about be discouraged by the weather and to be thankful for the snow. Yup, thankful. I know, it's crazy but I'm determined. So, bring on the snow. This week, I'm going to be happy to see the white stuff.
I think.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Finishing up Friday night. We put some plywood down just so we could stand on the floor for the first time. Of course, we had to take a picture.
It was snowing Saturday morning so our work was delayed somewhat while we tried to keep up with it. That's ok, see, I'm trying to be happy about the snow and I've made it one whole paragraph so far. Not bad, huh? :-)
Nailing down the floor joists.
Not looking! I can't see because my eyes are closed.
(I said this wasn't a dangerous activity for a young man)
I can't wait to clean out the basement and have it stay snow free. It is so frustrating to just get the snow cleared out and then, ahem, I'm thankful for the snow. *nuts*
Ah, the smiles! The afternoon crew has arrived.
Abby and Lydia having a turn pounding some nails in.
Daddy teaching his girls the business end of the hammer.
Abby is learning the fine art of glue application.
Helping Hannah screw the floor down.
Popping up to say hello! Silly girls.
Steven put his share of screws in.
We are so blessed to have these two working with us.
Seriously, this picture just melts my heart.
He might take a bit longer than Dad. That's OK though, he's helping and that's the main part. Love the hammer twirl.
Matt's getting 'er done. He's carrying the plywood up and...
...making sure the tongue and groove fit properly together.
If you know Joey, this will not surprise you. Of course, you need an afternoon coffee and a sandwich!
Our own framing crew!
Home Depot has it all wrong. It should be "We can do it and You can help".
Today was fun. No deadlines to meet (other than we were trying to beat the next snow fall. That is technically not a complaint). It was great to have everyone together and working together. We had a lot of fun. Please let me clarify though, lest you think I would have you believe something about us that isn't true.
We aren't perfect.
*gasp*
It's true.
Sometimes we say and do things that hurt each other.
Intentionally.
This may be a shock to you but if you know us in real life, probably not. We don't skip along merrily everyday, swinging hammers and singing Kumbaya. A stressful project like this brings out the best and the worst in everyone. That's the key though, everyone. Each one of has days when we show up with our game face and ready to go. There's also the days when we are tired and irritable and our patience runs short. There isn't one of us that is good. Not one. We all sin and fall desperately short of the expectation that God has for us. What we are though, is forgiven. We freely ask each other for forgiveness and we freely forgive, attempting to following the example shown to us by our Heavenly Father. We don't deserve it. We can't earn it. We just ask for it. Again and again. That's what allows us to enjoy each other. And sometimes, it's a lot of fun.
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
Psalm 133:1


I am so enjoying following you through this my friend....it's always fun to read your posts on the process. I miss you and yours and do plan to visit...when the work is done! (*wink*) Well...I'd be willing to help out with inside cleaning....let me know when you want that sort of help. In the meantime...I'm cheering you all on. Do you hear me? XO
ReplyDeleteThank you!! And yes, I hear you!! Although I think we can find something more enjoyable to do than cleaning, haha. But thank you. Either way, I can't wait to see you and your family again. Come on summer!!!!!
Delete