Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Being Thankful While We Wait

We've had a good mix of crossing projects off the list and preparing to start new ones. There is always something changing and this week is no exception.


It was very satisfying to put the last of the closet doors back on.


They just need to have the handles put on and they are d.o.n.e.!


The new pump house is waiting for the electricians to come and do the great change over. Hopefully that will be soon but co-ordinating schedules is proving to be quite challenging.



We picked up the railings for the porch.


We had hoped that we would be able to move in before we put them up but it looks like installation  will be required  before we can get an occupancy permit.


Even though the majority of the porch is at ground level...


...there are sections of it that are quite steep and do need railings. 


Those gaps will have to be filled in as well.


Does it look familiar? It's definitely getting there.


Shelves for the closets will be a fairly big job and we are hoping to tackle it this week.


Here is the next project that has been tasked to me to do. Sanding and staining the wood for the book shelf in the library. I can't wait to unpack our books that are currently  in storage!! 


In family news, a new to us vehicle was procured by the teens and for the teens. 


Even the not yet teens are excited about this.


I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately. Reading past blog posts has a way of making me do that. It's hard to believe that one year ago today, I wrote this post about the ridge cap and 2 years ago, I wrote this one. We've come so far in so many ways and yet, we still aren't where we wanted to be by now. If someone would have told me that we would still be here in the trailer 2 years after moving here, I would have never believed them. This was supposed to be temporary! Life is funny like that. Always surprising us. Not always meeting our expectations. One thing we have done a lot of during is this project is to wait. It took us a long time to find this property, over a year actually. It took a lot of  waiting  to get started but at long last we received the  building permit  and building could begin! Eventually, it happens. We just have to ... wait.  If this is beginning to sound repetitive, I get it. Sometimes I feel like not posting at all, rather than posting more of the same. I hope that I am not boring you with what seems like so many posts of me belabouring this point. We wait. A lot. Trust me, if we could change it, we would. But here we are, waiting and hoping for change to come. Praying for change to come. And being thankful in the meantime for how far we have come! It truly is amazing to see the progress. Has it taken longer than we anticipated? Yes! Are we frustrated at times? Absolutely! But we have been incredibly blessed at the same time. We've seen the Lord provide and direct in so many ways. There have been many blessings to our close living arrangements, in fact, some aspects I will even miss when we move. So, instead of pining away after something we haven't been given yet, I am truly trying to enjoy, yes, enjoy these days of trailer living and be thankful for them. The Lord has given us this time together as a gift and I'm taking it as just that. A gift. To be thankful for!


Rejoice always; pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the 
will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post from the heart, my friend! Waiting is most definitely something that does not come naturally...you are doing a wonderful job of it! (You make it look easy!) It's getting SO close, I can almost taste it. I will be SO excited for you when the BIG day arrives. Until then, may the Lord continue to give you daily His strength and grace for the waiting. On another note...yippee for a new-to-your-teens Jetta!! What FUN! Now your boys can come visit our boys....Hugs, Camille xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragement! We are all really pushing to finish and we feel like we are racing the weather! The Lord knows and His timing is perfect. My boys often talk of a road trip! That would be so much fun. It is a cute little car and looks like fun to drive. That's from me, after years of course, of driving such a big van! Haha

      Delete
    2. Oh....they are always welcome to stay with us (you all are, of course!)...I hope it does happen one day. And, yes...weather....the seasons have a way of changing quickly on us, don't they? XOXO

      Delete