This should finally bring you up to date to where we were just before we moved in. I will be taking a break over Christmas and then I'll let you know in the New Year how things have been going in the almost one month that we have lived here (has it been that long already?).
There is no water running yet but these are a good indication that it won't be long! The smaller faucet is for our drinking water. There is a fairly high iron level here so our drinking water will be filtered separately.
Finished up with the water system. Time to bury everything back below the frost line.
Not too much longer and Lordwilling, we will be saying goodbye to this old trailer. It has served its purpose but we are all ready to move now.
It was exactly 2 years ago today that we were pouring concrete for the sono tubes that you can see here holding the deck up.
Here is a picture from that day. I can still very clearly remember all of it and oh my, am I ever glad that it is over!
So thankful to be past this stage!
Back inside, we are expecting the gas fitter so I am giving the stove a good cleaning. Can you tell which one I've cleaned and which one I haven't?
The gas fitter coming means that it's time to turn the water on!!! This is such a welcome sight and not just because of how much easier it makes cleaning! We won't have hot water until he comes but we are just so thankful to have running water inside the house!!
Not a very exciting video, I know, but it is VERY exciting for us!
And just like that, we're in business!!
After more than 2 years of using a 24" apartment size stove, this is a most welcome sight.
Of course, we had to try it out right away!
So much cleaning! In a contractor built house, they have a company come in and clean but in an owner built house, you get to do the cleaning yourself. And there was so much to be done.
Taking a much needed break and relaxing by the 'fire'. Smile.
So thankful for the real one to sit beside too. It has been keeping us warm even though the temperature has dipped down to -20C (-4F) at night!
The inspection was done two days after the gas was hooked up. We received our occupancy permit and we moved in that night. We just brought our beds up that night and the rest of the move happened over the next couple of days. We were/are still so tired!! But so thankful to move in! There truly are not words to express our gratitude and thankfulness for being at this stage in the process. We aren't finished yet but we are going to take some time for some much needed rest and get back at it in the New Year!
The snow has arrived!
Having some fun playing with his toys in it!
From our house to yours, we wish a very Merry Christmas and all of the best in 2017!
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Matthew 1:20-23
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6
Oh, how wonderful to have running water and gas to your appliances!!! How beautiful your home is....well done!! I know it has been a long and arduous journey....but, you all made it....yippeee!!! Merry Christmas and Happy 2017 to you all....with all our love. XOXO
ReplyDeleteMy sweet friend....I am thankful for you! Do you remember I mentioned to you that I was going to be finished blogging? Well....the time has come, and I did just want to let you know that my last post will be put up a little later today (Lord-willing). However, you know that I know where you live and will be tracking you down....you cannot get away from me! Haha!! So much love to you all! Camille xoxo
ReplyDeleteNooooooo!!!! I remember you saying it but I was hoping you would change your mind! It is definitely the end of an era! I will miss your thoughtful posts and your recipes and your quotidians! All of it! May the Lord bless you as you follow Him but know that your blog will be sorely missed! So much love back to you and I am already thinking about when we can visit again!!
Delete