I have been waiting to write this post for a very long time! A very, very long time! Just over 2 years, in fact! I can't believe that the day finally arrived. I was starting to wonder if it was ever going to happen. But happen it did! I will write about it here and then I will back track in the next post to let you know what happened in the days leading up to the great exodus from the trailer. Sorry about the quality of some of these pictures. Some were taken hurriedly and very excitedly!
This picture was taken about 5 minutes after the inspector left and issued us our occupancy permit! We are all exhausted from a full day of work but we are also so very excited!! We still have one more inspection to pass before we are completely finished but in the meantime, we can finally move in!!
We called the younger kids up who had been waiting patiently to hear the news!
Time to uncover the furniture and transition from construction site to our home!!
Our first meal together, a couple of hours later, at our table that has been in storage for 2 years! Yup, it's pizza on paper plates but it felt like a feast for a king! It was so much fun just to sit together around the table and talk and laugh! Everyone was soooo excited!!! We were so relieved!
What could be more fitting for dessert? Yes, it says Pg. 127 instead of Ps. 127. but who can trifle over details on such a night?!! The store asked me if I liked it and I said, "It's perfect, I love it!" And I did!!
Even fireworks to commemorate the occasion? Um, yes please!!
Group pic with some friends who stopped by!! Our first guests!
Time to sit for a bit before getting ready for bed. (Great photo bomb Joey!!) Is anyone really going to sleep tonight though?
Oh, I think so! We are beyond exhausted but so incredibly happy!! At this point, we are too tired to do anything more than to move the beds from the trailer. And just bring the essentials!
Joey knows what's up!
The first item to go in the fridge! Nothing to do now but get some rest! It's been a long and crazy day!!
Getting to come down to this in the morning is such a blessing! After 5 years of living surrounded by trees, it's time to let the sun in please!!
No one minds the sun shining on their faces in the morning!
Maybe one day, I'll think about curtains but today, I just want to soak this up!!
It's enough to even make Matt smile.
There's just one more very important first that needed to be done. The first batch of cookies to be baked. Just over 4 dozen cookies at once! That's enough to make everyone smile.
Oh my, what a fun time we had! Such a celebration! We actually aren't finished the house yet though. In order to pass the last and final inspection, there are still a few things that need to be done but it was so good to take the time to celebrate this accomplishment! This is a huge milestone in a very long journey we've been on together. Everyone has contributed in some form or another and it is important to recognize that!
Our anxiety levels have been high these last couple of weeks so it was very nice to take some time to relax and enjoy some time together. If you can call moving relaxing, that is. We were able to get the majority of the move finished on bare, dry ground a day and a half before snow started to fall. I'm not sure there are words that fully appreciate how thankful I am for that. In the snow, our driveway is a force to be reckoned with!
We are still settling in but enjoying every minute of it. There are so many things to be thankful for. So. Many. Things!! We know that there is no way that this house is just the work of our hands. It is most definitely and most assuredly the work of the Lord. He has provided and continues to provide for us every step of the way. And we are so thankful. So incredibly thankful.
Oh my, what a fun time we had! Such a celebration! We actually aren't finished the house yet though. In order to pass the last and final inspection, there are still a few things that need to be done but it was so good to take the time to celebrate this accomplishment! This is a huge milestone in a very long journey we've been on together. Everyone has contributed in some form or another and it is important to recognize that!
Our anxiety levels have been high these last couple of weeks so it was very nice to take some time to relax and enjoy some time together. If you can call moving relaxing, that is. We were able to get the majority of the move finished on bare, dry ground a day and a half before snow started to fall. I'm not sure there are words that fully appreciate how thankful I am for that. In the snow, our driveway is a force to be reckoned with!
We are still settling in but enjoying every minute of it. There are so many things to be thankful for. So. Many. Things!! We know that there is no way that this house is just the work of our hands. It is most definitely and most assuredly the work of the Lord. He has provided and continues to provide for us every step of the way. And we are so thankful. So incredibly thankful.
To God be the glory, great things He has done;
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin,
And opened the life gate that all may go in.
Refrain
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He has done.
O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
Refrain
Great things He has taught us, great things He has done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.
Refrain
Words: Fanny Crosby
Music: W. Howard Doane
1875
Oh Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.
Isaiah 25:1
The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth, And with my song will I praise Him.
Psalm 28:7




It looks beautiful! - Lindy
ReplyDeleteAnd you all look so Happy (understandable!)
Thank you Lindy!
DeleteWHOOO HOOO!!!!!!! SO excited for y'all!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteThat is one AMAZING oven!!! Oh, and coffee....let's not forget the coffee. You look relaxed and relieved and happy....a job well done. Enjoy this new space together and may the Lord bless all who enter through the doors....you are a blessing, so, that is sure to happen. Merry Christmas from all of us to all of you. XOXO
ReplyDeleteThank you!! And we really hope that you and your family will be among those who enter through the doors!! A very Merry Christmas to your family too!
Delete