Thursday, October 10, 2019

It's Shrinking!!!!

Super quick update! I wanted to do a proper post but I'm on my phone in between appointments, copying and pasting from text messages sent to family. A couple hours after my dr phoned on Tuesday evening, I ended up back in the ER due to the side effects of the medication I'm taking for dizziness. Not fun and it is still an ongoing issue but I wanted to share the news as soon as I could.



My doctor finally called just before dinner tonight. Oh wow, it is so hard to be patient when you're waiting for such important news.

I am still a bit confused but from what I understand there are two different doctors involved reading the ct's and one referred to the mass in my lung as a lymph node and that is what caused the confusion. Originally there were two lymph nodes and a mass involved but this latest ct only reported on two lymph nodes. I'm still not sure why. 

All of that to say, the smaller lymph node is not reportable anymore and the larger one has shrunk from 12mm to 8mm which is basically normal size. The mass in my lung has shrunk from 31x23mm to 20x17mm so that is amazing news!! It was 26x18mm when it was first discovered in June!! There are no words to express how amazing that is (although I'm working on it!). It makes sense now why I'm not coughing so much anymore. 

So I don't have to change treatments and I won't need to stop for radiation! I can continue to do what we are doing!!



Thank you Lord! ❤

1 comment:

  1. Rejoicing with you my friend. Praying that this good trajectory will continue. Love you. XO

    ReplyDelete