Monday, June 7, 2021

Quick Update

Wow!! That was fast!!

The oncologist's office phoned today and I've been approved to start chemo! Not something that most people would be happy about but in our case, it was the very clear direction that we were looking for. Thank you Lord! I will go in to the hospital tomorrow morning (Tuesday) for all my blood work and check up and if all is well, I will start chemo on Wednesday! 

I'm not going to lie, this is not what I had planned for this week but life changes quickly and I'm trying to keep up. 



Some prayer requests for this week: Even though this is a lower dose of chemo, it is not without side effects. Would you pray with us that I would tolerate this medication well and that the transition for my family back to life with me on chemo would be smooth. This has all happened so fast and that is hard on all of us. My younger kids have barely had time to process it all. Logistically, we are not really prepared for it either so we are desperate for Grace. I need to remember to just breathe and let His Peace and Grace wash over me. 

It is enough.



I also just want to take a minute to say thank you so much! Thank you for all your messages and encouraging words! We are once again, awed by the moving of the Lord's people to lift and bear each other up in times of trials. Thank you most of all for your prayers! We have had times of such immense peace and are comforted in knowing that so many are lifting us up before the Throne of God. Thank you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment