There's nothing like the enthusiasm everyone has when a project begins and there is nothing like the joy of almost being done. We are almost finished painting and that is very exciting! I'm not going to lie, I am exhausted! After painting everyday this last week for 8 hours a day, I am more than ready for a break! It was very encouraging though that the painting took much less time than we had anticipated. We guessed it would take a couple of weeks to finish but thanks to all the help we had, it will be done in just over a week!
The stilts proved to be too much temptation for the boys to handle. They had to use them! I can't imagine walking on them at all let alone using them to cut in the trim. Ah, the joys of youth. (Just so you know, Matt is not drinking coffee and painting at the same time. He's using an old coffee cup to hold the paint so he can keep going. He's good but he's not that good!) ;-)
There is always time to pose for pictures!
Steven and Joey picked grey for their room and I think it turned out very nice. Good choice boys!
Of course, nothing is just grey or brown or black or blue anymore. This shade of grey is called "My Favourite Sweater".
With other colours like Leather Or Not Here I Come, Hemp Hemp Hooray, Just the Flax Ma'am, Well Hay There! and Terra? Gotta! It's a wonder anyone knows what colour they are actually getting!
The master bedroom got a second coat.
The laundry room is done too.
We may or may not have called in a ringer this week. Thank you so much Micheal (aka the paint ninja) for all your help. You were much of the reason things went as well (and as fast) as they did this week!
This colour is called "Kelp Is On The Way".
It can look different depending on the lighting.
But I really like it.
Here it is before we started.
The first wall is done. I was worried that the Kelp might be too dark going up the stairs so we decided to lighten it up with another colour.
This is Golden Rice.
It can also look different depending on the lighting and the time of day.
We picked up the interior doors this weekend. The trim is still waiting to be picked up but our van can only carry so much.
Speaking of our van, every once in a while it decides to scare us. After this episode, we had it checked out and we were told it could be several different things ranging in cost from very cheap to very expensive. (Isn't that always the case?) It turns out it was a just hose that needed to be replaced and it cost us a grand total of $1.26. Don't you just love those kind of fixes? And we dodged the bullet, one more time.
The snow continues to melt. The pace depends on the pitch of the roof. Here it inches its way down, much slower than up at the house.
Don't think spring is around the corner just yet though. Judging by this car stuck in the driveway, winter still plans to stick around for a while.
It was great to see everyone pitch in and help this week and get the job done. I've said it before but I'll say it again, it is not just the people working on the house that are working hard. Those helping in the house are doing just as much and this week, that was Hannah. She kept the household running so I could help paint everyday. That included making meals, keeping the laundry up to date and helping the younger children with their school work as well as working on her own. She did a great job and we are very thankful for her and for her willingness to help with the work that can easily go unnoticed. Until you don't do it, that is.
With the painting almost done, (it should be finished tomorrow) it's on to flooring. Things are coming together quickly.
Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
Proverbs 31:29-31


WOW!!!! SO wonderful! I like that "Kelp is on the Way" colour....beautiful. All your colours are lovely...you are going to be so pleased with it all. It's coming together...soon...soon...you will move in!!! XOXO
ReplyDeleteThank you! Yes, I'm finally starting to really 'see' it. The countdown is on! :-)
DeleteOh bless dear Hannah! It is such a delight to have capable daughters who can run the ship when Mom is needed elsewhere for a time.
ReplyDeletePreach it sister!! Lol
Delete