So, still no underlay. I'm just not even going to comment on it. The guys are staying busy working on other areas of the house but it is still very frustrating. (Is that considered a comment?) It is what it is. There's no sense complaining about it (even though I am sorely tempted). There are other ways to occupy my mind more agreeably.
One afternoon, I found myself at home with just our three youngest children. With everyone out, the afternoon chores were our responsibility. It was fun. I enjoy spending time with my 'littles' as we like to call them (although they are not so little anymore!). It might take us just a little bit longer to get everything done but they are so eager to help and I am thankful for that.
She could go around it but where is the fun in that?
Sam finds a nice spot to rest as we get started. It's a rough life being a cat!
Joey feeds the calf. He's growing more everday! We still haven't come up with a suitable name for him. Phil wants to call him "Stewie" but I'm not sure how that will go over with the little girls.
The view from the manger.
Steven and Hannah enjoy taking their sheep for walks. They don't even use the halters anymore. It is a sight for sure to see the sheep just calmly walking behind them wherever they go. They are always happy to get back here, though, where it's warm and dry.
Joey shovels shavings for the stalls. It's a big job but he does it well.
Abby gathers water buckets for me to clean and fill.
Liddy busily sweeps the snow. Um, Lydia? Oh, never mind.
The snow is melting enough to let the geese out for a while. We were curious to see how they would like the water now that the pond is filling up.
They seem a little reluctant to leave the barn. They're not sure what's up.
"What's this? Where's our kiddie pool? What's all this white stuff?"
They figure it out pretty quick and take to it like, um, geese to water.
Look at how much they've grown since last summer!! No chance of them fitting in that pool this year.
After the chores, the next stop for Abby, is for some quiet time with the cats. If I am ever looking for her, I usually don't have to look much further than here. They just love her. And she loves them.
Everyone enjoys a swing before heading in. How much fun is that?
We can't forget to splash in a few puddles on the way to the house.
Even with all of the snow still on the ground, there are signs of spring. I found this grass growing inside a calf hutch. It won't be long!
Ah Spring! New growth. New life. New hope. Spring is my second favourite season, after Fall, of course. It's full of new beginnings. Fresh starts. Longer, warmer days filled with sunshine and rain. Feeling the warm sun on our skin and the cool soil in our hands. Working. Planting. Anticipating.
All of the things that we hope for during the cold, winter months.
The wait is hard but we know that spring will come. I can't, however, say the same thing about our flooring.
But we can always hope.
All of the things that we hope for during the cold, winter months.
The wait is hard but we know that spring will come. I can't, however, say the same thing about our flooring.
But we can always hope.
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.
When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.
Refrain
On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
Refrain
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
Refrain
Oh may I then in Him be found.
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Romans 8:24-25
So...where IS that underlay??!! Perhaps it's taken a trip to China...or??? What a blessing you are being such a sweet example to your children of patience. I enjoyed this post full of the things that make your life FULL! Hugs to you all! Love, Camille
ReplyDeleteYes, I am starting to wonder! We've even contemplated reordering it!! In the meantime, yes life is full! A blessing indeed!!
Delete