Saturday, February 27, 2016

Look What We Found!!

Hooray!! Finally, after being missing for almost a whole month, we picked up the cork underlay for the floor! All that time for those 4 boxes. If they could only talk, they could tell us what kind of adventures they've been on because the floor company sure isn't talking. No matter, they're here and we can forge ahead. We've been asked why we didn't install the kitchen cabinets while we were waiting for the underlay and the main reason is that we are staining the floor ourselves. And the cabinets are white. Need I say more?


Who knew 4 little boxes could hold up progress for so long?


It's hard to tell what they look like from these pictures but imagine a cork board that you might post bulletins on except a little thinner and more bendable. Otherwise, it's the same thing. I hope it's worth all the fuss.


They wasted no time putting it down.


The girl's room is ready to go.


We couldn't resist putting some floor down. So glad to finally get a look at it.


Phil is using a special flooring nailer to nail the floor down.


Ben is using a jig-saw to notch out the corners....


...and a chop saw to cut the lengths.


Hannah supervises and makes sure all is going according to plan. :-)


We also picked up the counter tops this week. We had hoped to be able to install them right away but we had no idea we'd be held up so long with the floor. This is the kitchen island.


This is for one of the bathrooms.


Phil has been installing what seems like miles of j trim for the soffits on the porch. It wasn't on the agenda just now but it got bumped up while we were waiting. We were hoping to get all of the interior work done before starting the exterior again but it's nice to see progress out here again too.


And it's nice to work outside too. Look at the difference a few days makes. The snow is melting and it is WARM outside.  Such a beautiful day!


You know, I'll be the first one to admit that waiting so long for the underlay was f.r.u.s.t.r.a.t.i.n.g.! There was a time or two when we (and I really mean "I" because it takes much more than that to faze Phil) were tempted to get very impatient. It didn't fit with our schedule. It wasn't the way we wanted it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning improper business practices but what about when things are outside of their control? Do I want to be the customer that pitches a fit like an out of control child? Or would I rather take the opportunity to extend some grace to someone who is in an awkward position. It's not like they were hiding it on purpose. And what if it was me (as is often the case) in need of grace? How would I like to be treated?

The point I'm trying to make, is this.  

We all need grace.

One day it may be you in need of someone's grace. And wouldn't you want it to be given generously?


Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. 

Matthew 22: 35-40

2 comments:

  1. I love how you tie up each of your posts with what the Lord is impressing on your heart and with His Word to seal it. You bless my heart my friend!! :) Yippeeeeee for that underlay!!!! It's coming together beautifully. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am learning so much and still learning yet.

      Delete