We've been waiting so long to start flooring and seeing it now, it has been worth the wait. I really like it! I had some initial reservations about using a soft wood like fir for our busy household but after seeing it installed, it is definitely the right choice for us and the look we wanted. Good call Phil!
Getting started in the kitchen and living room.
Houston, we have a hallway!
The library/reading area is beautiful!!
I really like how bright this room is. Have I said this before? It sounds familiar.
Not quite finished in the boys room...
...but so far, so good.
Our room is mostly finished too.
Ready for trim!!
We decided to go with fir in the master bathroom as well.
The linoleum came in this week too and I just love the laundry room!
The bathroom upstairs is ready for the next step.
So is the main floor bathroom.
The fir hasn't been stained yet so the transition to linoleum is quite prominent right now.
Another transition. I can't wait to see it stained.
We are short one family member this week as Ben was invited to visit friends in Prince Edward Island. He was looking just a bit excited for this visit and for his first solo flight when we dropped him off at the airport.
We were very happy for him to go but we (me) were slightly apprehensive because of his connecting flight in Montreal.
It might be overwhelming for your first trip alone to be in an airport where you don't know anyone and you aren't fluent in the language but he did just fine and arrived safely at his destination as we (Phil) knew he would. It was a good way to practice for his 3 connecting flights on the way home. And a good way to practice his French.
Changing planes in Montreal! Bon voyage mon fils! Vous allez nous manquer, mais nous voulons que vous avez le meilleur temps jamais! Nous t'aimons!
The road home. It is definitely a bizarre feeling to leave with one less person than you came with.
Aahh, the mountains! Such a beautiful sight and very effective at making you feel small and insignificant. We will miss everyone we were able to visit with during our stay (and those we missed this time too) but it's good to be going home!
Not before we did a little shopping, of course. It is a great time of the year to take advantage of some 'end of the season' sales. Almost everyone got new winter boots for next year.
Yes, you are reading that right!
I don't know whether to be seriously impressed or seriously concerned.
Feeling a little stressed after all that shopping? A hair cut might be just the thing to cheer you up. A long, overdue hair cut!
Much better, wouldn't you say? Abby agrees!
Back home, the snow is almost gone now and we even enjoyed a couple of days of temperatures in the mid teens! (Celsius) A warm treat after the cold winds of the prairies!
Work continues on the house as it always does. And the finish line gets just a little bit closer every day.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Psalm 119:105












Absoloutely beautiful♡ Thankyou for sharing this story and photos of the home God has helped you build♡ It is truly LOVELY!!
ReplyDeleteLove you all
Aunty Caroll & Uncle Mike
Thank you so much! Yes, He truly has!! <3
ReplyDeleteEsther!!!! Love the floors! I can't wait to see them stained. The lino you have in your laundryroom, etc looks the same as what we have in our entrance, kitchen, diningroom and laundryroom too. I love it because it hides so much :) Not that your floor would ever get as dirty as ours...heehee ;) Love Abby's hair too. I remember when Hannah got her's cut like that so many years ago now.
ReplyDeleteThank you!! We chose that colour for the same reason! And I'm pretty sure we can rival you for the dirty floor award! Lol! Yes, I remember having the the same issues with Hannah's hair. There's hope for Abby!! :-)
Delete