I'm home! Thanks everyone for your kind messages! I got home around lunch time today. Sorry that I didn't have time to let everyone know but I had an episode that happened rather quickly and it landed me in the ER but I am doing much better thankfully.
I had just finished a lovely visit in town with a long time friend (It was soooo wonderful to see to you E!!), I did some shopping and was just driving home when I started to feel nauseous. Like pull the car over kind of nauseous. When I got home, I had some food (maybe I had gone too long without eating?) and then thought I would lie down for a bit to see if it would go away. It didn't. What happened instead was I got a stabbing pain in the front part of the right side of my head along with a numbing and tingling sensation on the right side of my face and some mild weakness on my right side. This is why it is always good to have another rational person around because I was happy to stay home but Phil pulled me off the couch (literally) and helped me out to the van to go get checked.
We got to our local hospital and I was presenting with symptoms of a stroke so it was taken very seriously. Can I just say what a beautiful gift from the Lord it was to see the face of one of my best friends in the ER! (Thank you so much S for staying with me even after you had already worked a ridiculously long shift! It was no coincidence you were still there!) My friend was just about to go home and she turned around and headed back in to care for me. There is nothing more calming like having someone who knows you so well looking after you! Thank you!!
After 2 CT scans (a quick one on arrival and a more detailed one this morning) were both normal, the diagnosis is inconclusive. It is possible that it was an atypical migraine (meaning it doesn't present with typical symptoms) or it could be the result of a viral infection somewhere in my body both of which should clear up on their own. I am, however, also scheduled for a semi-urgent MRI this week and I'm pretty sure I don't need to say what they will be looking for. But I have peace! Whatever tomorrow holds, I know I won't face it alone.
Not exactly the Saturday morning breakfast in bed I would usually prefer but this one did the trick quite nicely. I am always so impressed with the level of professionalism and kindness shown at our little hospital. So thankful for it and for all the kind people there!
Feeling much better today!
Just in case you thought I forgot to update, I still haven't heard from oncology so there is still no treatment plan in place. I stopped by there this week for patient training and the nurses hadn't heard anything either. Unless I am missing something, all of the tests have been done and we are still just waiting on the cancer clinic to approve the drug the oncologist wants to try. I should be having a phone consult with a radiology oncologist at some point as well but I don't have an appointment for that yet either.
It's all in the Lord's hands.
And right now I'm happy to leave it there.
He giveth more grace when the burdens grown greater;
He sendeth more strength when the labours increase.
To added affliction He addeth His mercy;
To multiplied trials,
His multiplied peace.
His love has no limit;
His grace has no measure,
His power has no boundary known unto men.
For out of his infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done.
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources;
Our Father's full giving has only begun.
His love has no limit;
His grace has no measure,
His power has no boundary known unto men.
For out of his infinite riches in Jesus,
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
~ Annie Johnson Flint ~
Be still and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10
Psalm 46:10



You have been in our prayers these past couple of months. I am amazed after what happened they let you go home already! God is good.💕
ReplyDeleteEsther we are praying for you constantly, and know Jesus has you in His arms.Praise God it was not a stroke.So glad your home already. We will be praying for your next MRI., and each and everyday.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you, Phil, & your beautiful Family❤��❤
Love Aunty Caroll, Uncle Mike & Family❤
Oh boy! You just can’t stop with the adventures, eh? Praying for you my dear, dear friend!
ReplyDelete