The weather had been off for a bit. We were really hoping not to have to move in the rain so waking up to this was a great feeling. Well as great a feeling as you can get knowing you have to move all your worldly belongings. ;)
We'd much rather be sitting here on such a gorgeous day but alas, there is work to do so we just enjoy the view as we drive by.
Pick up the truck and let the fun begin,
The move itself actually went quite smooth once we got a system working. It still took all day. We were still beyond exhausted.
Riley helped by doing what dogs do best! Poor guy was a bit confused by it all but still managed to take his afternoon nap.
This is what exhausted looks like. LOL
I was doing some unpacking right away to try and keep the chaos transition as smooth as possible. I've been asked how I plan to keep us organized in such a small house. Well, here is some of it. Since our room is the only bedroom with a closet, ALL of our clothes go in one room. If you know me IRL, you'll know I love containers so it is actually very therapeutic for me to get to organize this way.
I know you are all jealous of the colour of our room. I had let the thought cross my mind before we moved to paint it but I quickly put that thought with the rest of my ideas for when I have too much time and energy on my hands and nothing to do. ;)
As long as the children have a place to sleep and play and of course, practice piano, that should keep them occupied while we work on developing a system for the rest of the house. So after the clothes, the children's room was next.
By this time, we were tired and hungry. Moving requires lots of hungry tummies to be filled quickly so pizza it is.
... and 20 minutes later. Seriously, we were that hungry.
Pippin delighted the children by jumping up and looking at us through the window on the door. Crazy girl!! :)
So the day ended and I am reminded yet again how much I dislike moving. But here we are, all nine of us, 1 puppy, 2 kittens, 3 bunnies, 4 budgies and 5 cows. Going camping for the winter.
It's a wonderful life!












No comments:
Post a Comment