Sunday, September 14, 2014

My First Blog Post

Well, here it is. My first blog post. I have written this post in my head so many times over the last few years but this time it's real. I have wanted to write for a while now but having only had dial up internet (I know, right?) for the last few years, it just wasn't possible.  Well, all it took was for us to move and suddenly I have high speed internet and something to write about! So excited to be able to document this move and the building of our house for our family and of course, for you too.  I'm not sure what this blog will look like. I am an extreme newbie to this (any suggestions are always welcome) but I am happy for tools like blogging to keep our friends and family, and the occasional stranger, I'm sure, up to date on our progress.  Welcome all!!

As we begin this building project, we'd like to acknowledge that we truly believe with all of our hearts that it is the Lord who builds the house.  The physical house we will live in and the house which is our family.  We know that truly, except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it.  (Psalm 127:1a)  It is our hope and prayer that our work will not be in vain and that the Lord would be with us and guide us and protect us and we are ready to give Him all the praise and glory.  We would be foolish to think that this will be an easy project (we've already hit a few bumps in the road) but we know that the Lord is good ALL the time and His faithfulness has been shown to us many, many times already.

So we hope that you will come along with us for the ride, which may be wild and bumpy at times but possibly interesting and sometimes even fun.  We're glad you came to visit!!  :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm in sweet friend....you know I am!! I love how you began your blog with the Lord and His goodness to you in this journey He has you on. Yes, indeed...it is the Lord Who builds the house....may you continue to know His leading hand upon you all. May the Lord use this blog to encourage hearts as He encourages yours. Love you LOTS! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Camille!! I enjoy reading your blog! We continue to pray for your family. You are a dear friend!

      Delete
  2. Woohoo, welcome to the world of blogging....and feeling guilty when you don't blog enough ;) i am so excited with you for this massive undertaking amd we will be praying you through the whole way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Right now though I'm feeling guilty for being online too much!! High speed internet, it's like, so. much. fun!! Especially after years and years of dial up!! But there is so much work to do right now, I have to limit my time online. Your blog is another one on my list of faves. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hello my friend!!! Welcome to blogging. I haven't blogged in forever...maybe I should get back at it. Thanks for inviting us on this "ride". I wouldn't miss a ride, bumpy or not, with you! Looking forward to seeing the progress. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, you should get back at it!! I'd love to see how you are doing on your side of the world!! LOL Thank you!!! :-)

      Delete