It's early in the morning. My FIRST morning here alone with just the younger children. The guys have all just left for work and wait, what is that sound? Oh, that would be a calf separated from her momma by a line of electric fence. Aah yes, it's all coming back to me. The sound of a separated calf. The bellowing from a momma trying to get to said calf. Really, I haven't had a coffee yet. I make a desperate attempt to reach anyone in my family that can help me. Nope, it's just me and the kiddos to fix this. But I had plans this morning!! LOL
Really, she's not in any danger. The whole property is perimeter fenced. Phil is training them to get used to the electric fence so we can do some rotational grazing, Joel Salatin style. Try and tell her that. She just wants her momma.
We decide to expand the fence across the top of the property. It's not pretty but it should hold. I haven't fixed a fence in years.
Back with momma, all is well. Except for my plans this morning. :)
And my coffee? Joey made me a cup and brought it out to the field. What a guy!! ;) Just so you know, sometimes I do like to drink my morning coffee in the field, hands covered in manure. It was the best cup I've had in a long time.
So I had to change my plans for this morning. Good thing though, I need to pick myself up a pair of gloves. LOL



Oh Esther!!! So excited for all of you!!! Everything is gorgeous!!! PTL!!!! Can't wait to chat dear friend!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!! Yes, I can't wait to chat!! So good to hear from you!!! :-)
ReplyDelete