Here it is. The first draft of what we are envisioning for the kitchen. We were able to load what we wanted into a program so we could see what it would look like. I say "we" but really it was me that needed to see it in 3D. So thankful for computer programs and the nice people at the cabinet store to help us out.
It won't look exactly like this. We've already made some changes.
It is so hard to decide what you want and where you want it,
...but I'm thankful to be able to 'see' it first.
Top and side views! Don't they think of everything?
I am finding myself a little overwhelmed with all the choices that we have to make.
What kind of cabinets to get and what colour and style.
What kind of heating system to put in.
What colours to choose.
And do not even get me started on faucets.
This is just what was in the show room.
There were still copious amounts of catalogues with what seemed like thousands more to choose from. I get it, variety, it's the spice of life but really, how many does there need to be? Someone might find this sort of thing fun but for me, a lot of words come to mind but fun is not one of them. Yes, I want it to look nice but too many choices can be overwhelming. I'm a "do you want grilled cheese or peanut butter & jam" kind of person. If I offered my children this many choices, I'm sure we would never eat. And that's how I felt today. Overwhelmed. In the kitchen you can even mix and match different handles and knobs. *Gasp* Seriously. It's crazy. I don't think I have ever spent so much time thinking about things that I never think about. Will it help me open the cupboard? Will it get my hands wet? Good show. What's next? Ask me which one I want? Oh dear, this could take a while.
There is so much going on but not a lot of actual work on the house. Just many decisions that need to be made. It's like putting a puzzle together. Everything needs to be done in the right order. Some decisions need to be made based on other decisions being made. Right now, we are trying to finish framing. In order to finish framing, we need to get the bath tubs in because they won't fit after the walls are up. Which means we need to decide what kind of bath tubs to get. Which means we need to decide what kind of sinks to get. Which means we need to decide what kind of faucets go with them. Sigh.
I'm so thankful that with all these decisions that need to be made, there is one choice that is easy for me to make.
The choice of Whom to serve.
I don't always do it well but it's a choice I've made.
This day.
...choose you this day whom ye will serve; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Joshua 24:15



I love how the photos have no sink...that means you never have to handwash a dish again! Brilliant, they really have thought of everything, LOL! So fun, though, really, try to enjoy this imagining and selection phase, it may be a long time before you get to design your kitchen from scratch.
ReplyDeleteHaha, cabinet people don't do sinks. No dishes sounds nice though. Yes, trying to enjoy this phase. Truthfully, it would be a lot more fun if it wasn't so stressful. I'm pretty sure I'll be ok if we don't do this again for a while. ;-)
DeleteOh, it is overwhelming...isn't it? I remember thinking of this when we were renovating and I only had to pick out carpet, laminate, light fixtures, sinks, tiles, cabinet doors, etc....the thought of a whole house, from scratch literally stopped me in my tracks! So, my advice to you is what it would be to myself....just one thing at a time...and in its proper order....pick the tub you like...and the fixtures will follow....pick the whatever...and the whatever will follow. At least, that's how my simple mind works. It will all be beautiful when it all gets put together. Just this day, my friend...hang in there and enjoy!!! XOXO
ReplyDeleteOh my, it is overwhelming! ! I go back and forth between trying not to sound ungrateful for this amazing opportunity the Lord has given us and just being real, that I'm in a little over my head here. I'm very thankful for Phil's clear direction of what he wants, especially when I'm unsure.
ReplyDeleteYou're right, one thing at a time. Today it's doors. :-)
Just. This. Day. XO
DeleteWhere's the "like" button? LOL :-)
Delete