Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Gift That Keeps on Giving.

We were gifted some money at Christmas from our parents for our family. We knew right away what we wanted to do with it. We wanted to buy fruit trees and berry bushes. You know the saying, when is the best time to plant a tree? 25 years ago.... or today. So we are planting now. We ordered apple, peach, cherry and plum trees. Along with blueberry plants and raspberries and grapes. It will take a while to actually see fruit but we are looking forward to it, eventually. Thank you so much to our parents for giving us a gift that will, Lordwilling, provide for our family for many years to come. 


Some trees have been back ordered but we hope to get them soon.







We have been having clean up days on the farm. We are moving some fences around and taking some fences down altogether and basically just doing general post winter clean up. It is a great feeling to be outside on these gorgeous spring days cleaning and organizing.


Burning all the fallen and dead branches.


 This fence is getting moved.


This one is coming down.


So is this one.


First picnic of the year!!


See those black dots? The cows are out grazing in the back field.


Even Riley is enjoying the warm sunshine.


Looks so much better with all the fallen branches cleaned up. Yikes, that grass is going to need to be mowed soon!!


Checking out progress on the house. And looking cute!


Happy Spring Everyone!!




For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.

Isaiah 61:11

7 comments:

  1. Yippeee for Spring and all those wonderful fruit trees and bushes/vines!!! What a wonderful thing to do with your gift money...you will be so pleased when everything is bearing fruit. Hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, yes, can't wait for fruit! I will make you a pie!! Lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a small potted apple tree, and I had 6 apples the second year.& my 2 blueberry bushes gave me a small amount of berries in year 2, all are potted... I'm happy all goes well fpr you guys Esther. I'll pray for a productive growing season for all your gardening ;-) And a productive building season as well... :-) Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin, and good to know. I can't wait to see them grow. It looks like we might even get a few blueberries this year. How long have you had your trees? Hope you are well! :-)

      Delete
    2. My apple tree is now 4 and my blueberries are 2 & 3, my apple had about 70 or so blossoms this year, probably wont get that many apples, but I'm thinking I'll get a couple of dozen... Started a thorn less blackberry last spring so I'm hoping that grows well too ;-)... who did you order you cabinets from? Ikea :-)

      Delete
    3. Wow, that's a lot of apples! That's one thing we don't have here is blackberries. I miss going for walks with our bucket and collecting them. Not to mention just snacking on them while we walked. lol We are getting our cabinets through a local cabinet maker here in town through Phil's work. If we ever hurry up and put our order in! lol

      Delete