It has been so busy here this past week. Recitals, music festivals, home school convention. The list goes on. I didn't take many pictures this week so I'm sorry for the short post. It will just balance out all of my other posts that go on and on. He he. :-)
(Notice the ridge cap still isn't on? So far, I'm winning.)
Everyone helped on Saturday to make what would have been a miserable chore into a slightly less miserable chore. Moving stacks of lumber is hard work. We also had to clean up the site to be ready for another excavator to come and backfill. This included moving the last of the rocks we'd like to keep, which thankfully, Hannah and Steve had mostly finished already. Even though we've been doing a lot of clean up along the way, it was still a big job but after it's backfilled, we can start building the deck.
Evidence of industrious activity.
I love this pile. Little hands, hard at work. Adorable!
I may actually look forward to doing dishes.
What? Repairs already?
Yup! Back when the snow melted, it caused the ground to shift and pull some of the dimpled membrane away from the foundation. Unfortunately, one of the disadvantages of building in the winter. It could have been a lot worse so we are thankful the damage was as minimal as it was. A trench was dug far enough down to find out the extent of the damage, which was limited to the top, thankfully. With the dirt away from the wall, it could then be repaired properly. This part of the house will be covered by the deck AND the deck roof so it's highly unlikely there would ever be an issue of water leaking in from the top but nonetheless, we wanted to fix it properly. It was still extra work we weren't expecting and therefore mildly frustrating.
Character development I believe it's called.
In life, we are often faced with obstacles and challenges. They happen. It's a good opportunity to practice patience and to gain experience. We can still be thankful for them.
Even if they're irritating.
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; And experience, hope:
Romans 5:3-4
**Just a note, I chose this verse because of the idea that the various trials we face in life can produce perseverance, patience, experience and hope. I am in no way comparing the trivial challenges we have building a house to the very real tribulations currently being suffered by so many throughout the world. Our hearts go out to those who are living through the catastrophes we hear about in the news and to those facing real persecution. You are in our thoughts and prayers.**

No comments:
Post a Comment