And it's lovely.
It has been a very warm, dry spring this year so we welcome the liquid sunshine. I can't remember the risk of forest fire being so high this early in the year either so a couple days of rain is actually a very good thing. Also, I happened to see the forecast for this week and it was in the high 20's (low 80's).
It can rain now all it wants.
It never ceases to amaze me how cows don't mind the rain. They have plenty of options when it comes to staying dry and yet here they are, in the rain.
Sometimes, we miss the best time to plant but not this time. Thanks to Ben, the corn was in before the heavens opened up.
We are still working on the rest of the garden.
Work has begun on the porch.
It will be nice to have stairs into the house and not have to climb planks.
Yes, that is a bath tub in the dining room.
The rain is also nice for keeping the dust down.
The windows came. All 19 of them.
Phil salvaged this tub from a renovation project he was working on. He asked the owner if he could have it and the owner said yes. Ask not, have not. It never hurts to ask, right? Once this tub is refinished, it will go in the master bathroom. Upcycling at it's finest.
This chicken decided to go solo in the rain today. This way, she won't have to share any of the treasures she finds with the other ladies.
What else is there to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon?
Watch hummingbirds at the feeder, of course. They come up so close to the window and allow us this amazing view of them.
No matter what your thoughts are on rain, one thing is for certain. It's necessary. Personally though, I love it. I always have. There's just something about a rainy day that is comforting to me. Rain gives life and renews and refreshes all around it. You can sit and read a book on a rainy day and not feel the least bit guilty.
And you don't have to shovel it.
So it can't be that bad.
Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.
Leviticus 26:4


I think you can read a book on a rainy day and not feel guilty if your full-size house is still "outdoors" and you are living in a mini-home. On the contrary, rain always makes me feel like I should be accomplishing three times more than I am inside. Maybe that's why it has never been my favourite weather. At least when it's all snow you are assured there will be no unannounced visitors, even if you read a book instead of work, LOL!
ReplyDelete