The excavator was booked. We had big plans for this weekend. We had hoped to see so much progress.....and the excavator cancelled. Sigh. We should be used to it by now when there is so many schedules to consider but it is still disappointing.
Soooo.... we had to quickly rearrange what we could accomplish on short notice. Thankfully, we got the call this week that the tubs were in.
Going to pick the tubs up was a bit of a gong show. We had planned to use the trailer to pick them up but the trailer had a small, incident let's say, while I was hooking it up and was therefore rendered unusable for our purposes. (I dropped it off the hitch and it landed square on the electrical hook up, smashing it to a thousand pieces. I know, ugh). Anyway, we were able to borrow a truck to pick the tubs up but it wasn't exactly the best truck for the job. The tubs we chose are all one piece with a roof cap, and they stood much higher in the truck than we would have liked. Of course, it had to be a crazy windy day as well. To say I was nervous is an understatement. Can you imagine if....ugh, never mind. I don't even want to think about it!!
Phil's advice?
"I'll drive, you pray!"
Let's just say, we didn't stop for coffee.
Carrying them in turned out to be a bit of a chore as well. So thankful for these strong guys!!
Now what to do with them?
Well, this one goes mostly here.
Phil poked his head in to inspect it.
This one goes up stairs. Yikes, that was close. Not a lot of clearance there but thankfully, it went up. The last one goes to the basement but it can't go down there until the floor is finished.
What to do with some unexpected free time? Go for a bike ride, of course!!
Such a beautiful place to ride. I never get tired of this scenery.
A great way to ride before she can ride on her own.
Blowing me a kiss on the way by.
A 'flower' for her helmet.
Who said dinosaurs were extinct?
Abby loves to ride. She is very, um, adventurous, for her age.
Speaking of her age, Abby had a birthday. And yes, she decorated her cake.
This is my absolute favourite time of the day. The work is done. The sun is setting. It looks like there might be the hint of a storm coming (there was). Time to head in for a cup of tea and curl up with a good book. Life is good.
So we didn't accomplish what we set out to this weekend. It's happened before and I'm sure it will happen again. With this type of project you learn very quickly to be f.l.e.x.i.b.l.e. Things happen, plans change. You make the best of it. There's no sense in getting worked up about it, it just is what it is. You hope next week is better.
And it usually is.
For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11
Such a beautiful picture of work, love, and grace. God bless!
ReplyDeleteThank you! And thanks for stopping by (and commenting!) :-) It's nice to 'meet' you.
Delete