Attitude. It's a little thing that makes a big difference. I know I've said it before. I've said it so many times to my children over the years. In fact, a friend of mine had a poster in her school room that had this phrase on it. It's so great because it's so true. Then you would think it would be easy for me to have a great one.
All. The. Time.
Sadly, this is not the case (I know, you're shocked). More on that later.
In the meantime, here's another small thing that hopefully will make a big difference in the state of our house this winter.
Can you see it?
We have a chimney!! It might look pretty small from the outside.
But it's actually fairly big on the inside. This is it on the main floor.
And this is it on the top floor. Phil has already started building the chase for it. It will bring heat from the wood stove in the basement and distribute it to the other floors. That's the plan anyway.
This is on the other side of it, looking over the stairs.
We decided to open up this wall so you don't feel so closed in coming up the stairs. I like it.
The top floor is really starting to come together. Here you can see the pipes going in for the kid's bathroom.
We did a walk through with the electrician. He encouraged us to set the kitchen up similarly to how it will eventually be in order to get a good feel for it because now is the time to make changes if we want. So the bathtub that's waiting to go in downstairs became the fridge/stove and these folding tables, although a little too long, represent the island. You know, he's right. It does feel more like a kitchen to me when I can stand in it and actually picture where everything will be.
Standing at the side doors looking in.
Standing behind the "island" looking toward the living room.
This was installed by the aero thermal company. The upstairs unit will be mounted here. There will be four units altogether. One here, one in the living room, one in the study and one in the basement. They will provide back up heat, with the fireplace in the basement being the main heat source. As a bonus, they provide a/c in the summer. Which would be incredibly nice, right about now. Happy thoughts for next year. (As I update this, it's almost 11:00pm and still 26C (78F). Ugh)
The last of the windows waiting to go in.
The spare room/study after a good clean up. Already there is a room that tends to accumulate stuff. How does that happen?
I know this probably looks the same but it actually has had a fair bit of work done to it. The fascia and the strapping are on. Just waiting for those upper windows to go in before the metal goes on. Other things, like the bathrooms, have taken priority as the plumber has been here this week.
More pipes in the basement. It's currently waiting for inspection before the concrete can be poured.
Saturday afternoon break and a cold, strawberry smoothie. Thanks Joey! !!
Related much? ;-)
I think I've had attitude on my mind lately because, um, mine hasn't exactly been stellar. The weather has been so hot and its hard to sleep at night and that's enough to make anyone cranky. Decision making for the house is stressful and sometimes you have to go with what works best instead of what you really want. I could give more excuses but ultimately it doesn't matter. I know when my attitude needs adjusting so why does it feel good to sometimes just give in to the flesh and be miserable? (*rhetorical question alert ~ no need to answer*) There are consequences to just giving in to it, of course. Sometimes immediate and sometimes delayed, but consequences nonetheless. On the other hand, if I choose to change my heart, there are benefits to that too. Sometimes immediate but not always. Let's face it, it's hard work to do the right thing and the reward may not be evident for some time. Maybe its not even for me at all but something I teach my children. My prayer is that the Lord would give me strength to do well. And the grace to continue to do well, even when it's hard.
Especially, when it's hard.
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therfore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
Galations 6:7-9
SO much is happening around there!! Yippeee for wonderful progress. And, yes...attitude....that's one of my issues as well. Hot days (and nights) are not my favourite thing, either. (Sticky) hugs to you! Love, Camille
ReplyDeleteSticky hugs....you made me laugh!! So true! I've had to reinstate the 'mommy bubble' the last few days. Used as a last resort, of course, on only the hottest of days, when it's just too hot to touch. Lol
Delete