We passed the plumbing inspection. I guess I should say the plumber passed the plumbing inspection seeing as we didn't do the plumbing ourselves. But it's still good. I always feel somewhat anxious before an inspection, I'm not sure why. Maybe it stems from my extreme dislike of tests from my school days but whatever the reason, I always feel relief when they are over (and we pass, of course). So far, so good.
One side of this wall is the laundry room and the other side is the bathroom. (obviously!)
And this would be why we had someone else do the plumbing. Yikes!!
The faucets are ready to be installed, eventually.
They were doing some tests on the lines here.
This is the master bathroom. We have tried this tub in there every way possible and each way had it's pros and cons. We have settled on this way and Phil is going to build a cabinet in the corner. Just let me say for the record, that tub is a beast. It is cast iron and it took 5 of us to get it up there and we have to take it down again yet so it can be sand blasted. Ugh. If you remember from a previous post, Phil salvaged this tub from a renovation he was working on and we are going to restore it.
We got the claw feet back and I am very impressed with how well they turned out. We had them acid dipped and then nickel plated.. This is what they looked like before.
What a huge difference!
Downstairs, we are in the process of burying the pipes now. The next step here is the vapour barrier. The electrician needs to put the main power cable under the gravel as well and then we will have another inspection. After that is passed, we can pour the concrete slab. Once the floor is in, the walls can go up and then we will have the electrician back to do the wiring. Another trade we are not doing ourselves. It's better to be safe than sorry!
Ben has been working on getting access for the electrical wires to come in since we've decided to go with underground instead of overhead wiring.
Here is where the heating unit will go in the basement.
On the opposite side of that wall, here outside under the deck, is where the heat pump will be.
So we are very thankful that, overall, things went well this week. We just keep moving forward and try not to think of that looming deadline that's approaching quickly. The reality is that we can't really go any faster than we are going so it will just be what it will be. I try not to think about it too much. And what better way to distract myself than in the garden. I know that not everyone wants to see garden pictures but I also know that some people are very interested (Hi Mom!) so here you are.
It is really filling in.
Tomatoes on the vine. These are beefsteak tomatoes.
You can sure see the difference between them and the romas.
We've had peas already.
This zucchini plant is huge. Good thing we only planted one.
There are lots of them there and they are y.u.m.m.y. (if you like that sort of thing).
The pumpkin plant is huge too. I think I may have planted them too close together.
These are sugar pumpkins and there is plenty of fruit on the vine.
The cucumbers were slower to grow. Here you can see a small one, though.
Here is another small, slow grower. Can you see this teeny, tiny little watermelon? Isn't it adorable? I'm not sure how they will do but it is sure fun to watch them grow. Everything seems to grow so fast.
Speaking of growing fast...
I'm just glad that there is still time for dress up. This phase ends quickly and I'm in no hurry to rush it.
Ben has been using a brush cutter to take the grass down. It is very uneven and too rocky for the lawn tractor so we are managing it this way. It is hot and messy work.
Again, there is always time for fun and cooling off at the end of the day. Matt picked up a new (to him) toy and after figuring out a few glitches, he has been delighting the children (and himself) with rides on the lake.
Steve is doing a good job hanging on. Matt even took Phil and I for a ride. So much fun!
If you have been following the news in our area then you know that it is forest fire season. There are currently more than 230 wildfires burning in our province. That means smoke. Lots of smoke. Somedays are clearer than others depending on what our own weather is doing. Although we are not currently in a danger zone, we know that things can change quickly, especially with the storms we have been having. So we are thankful for the Lord's protection so far and we pray for those in other areas, evacuated from their homes and otherwise affected by these fires. Forest fires are nothing to joke about.
This day wasn't too bad.
This one was much worse.
Even with all the smoke, this is still a beautiful way to end the day.
The Lord is good.
All the time.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28


I am so enjoying watching your house grow and change and progress my friend...what an amazing job you all are doing!! Yippee for pretty claw feet for your tub. And, it looks nice on that angle in your bathroom. How FUN that Matt found a jet ski to buy! They really are fun to play with. :) What a sweet big brother to take all the little ones out for rides. And...Mom and Dad, too! The smoke!! It's been a crazy summer so far, hasn't it? We even had smoke here that lingered for nearly a week...SO unusual!! Hang in there...I am praying for you today. XOXO
ReplyDeleteThanks Camille!! Another opinion is invaluable at times as we tend to second guess ourselves a lot. Well, me more than Phil. Lol (You should have seen how many different ways we tried that tub!!) Thank you so much for praying!! We appreciate it so much!
DeleteLooks wonderful Esther, I know I don't always comment, but be assured, I am reading your blog usually every couple of days... not so much this last month, helping Dave and all. But I have caught up and wow, what progress, in the house and your garden. I'm getting a bumper crop on one of my blueberry bushes,(literally hundreds of berries) on the other Ive had 2 berries... lol but I do have 4 or 5 apples coming in on my 4 foot potted apple tree ;-) oh well... happy to see most everything is progressing well, I'll keep you all in my prayers. Miss you guys
ReplyDeleteThanks Kevin! Wow!! That's a lot of blueberries!! Well done! Enjoy the fruit of all your labour! I think that's a few years down the road for us yet but thankfully, they are planted. Now we wait! Lol Thanks for praying for us! It's good to be able to stay in touch! :-)
DeleteYou have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views…hope more people will read this article!!! Central Florida Roofing Specialists
ReplyDelete