I remember being afraid of storms when I was younger. Thunder and lightning can be pretty intimidating to small children. Well, I'm an adult now and they are still not my favourite thing but I've learned to tolerate them. Unlike some people in my family who actually enjoy them and would make popcorn and sit down to enjoy the show. What I appreciate about summer storms though is the rain they bring. Much needed rain. It has been so incredibly hot and dry here (31 records were broken over the weekend) so when you see a storm rolling in, you can't help but be thankful for it. Not so much rain that it floods and but enough to bring some relief to the parched ground.
And that's exactly what we got.
I have to admit the hail was a bit of a surprise though and knowing the animals were safe in the barn, my mind immediately went to the garden and how much damage there would be. There was nothing to do though except wait and see.
There's rain, there's ridiculous rain and then there is this rain.
It looked like things were settling down and maybe the worst was over?
Um, no. The light show was just getting started.
And so it went for most of the evening. Lightning strikes followed by crashing thunder, the wind howling and me, thankful that everyone was safe but wondering how the garden was faring but not brave enough to check.
The next morning though everything looked fine. There was some minor damage to the corn but thankfully, it was all still standing. The rest of the garden fared fine as well. It looked refreshed even.
And nicely watered.
When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.
Jeremiah 10:13

SO crazy how the weather has been!! We haven't had those storms, though. Glad to see your garden didn't get destroyed with that hail. Hugs to you! Camille
ReplyDeleteIt has been crazy!! So hot and dry. We're thankful for the rain when we can get it. :-)
Delete