Monday, September 14, 2015

Happy Anniversary!

It's my one year blogaversary.  Is that a thing? I don't know if it is or not but what I do know is that one year ago today, I started this blogging adventure with this post, anticipating a wild ride and what a ride it has been! It's so interesting to look back and see where we were a year ago and also where we hoped we would be by now. Living in the house already, perhaps?  I think we hoped we would be in it by now but in reality, we knew that it could take longer. Actually, I don't think we had any idea how long it could take. I'm not sure we even do now. I am so thankful though that I have been able to document the process so far. What a gift to able to look back and see the Lord's faithfulness to us again and again. 

Yes, the finish dates may change as the circumstances around us change but one thing is certain, we still believe with all of our hearts that is the Lord who builds the house and our initial thoughts on this project remain the same:


As we begin this building project, we'd like to acknowledge that we truly believe with all of our hearts that it is the Lord who builds the house.  The physical house we will live in and the house which is our family.  We know that truly, except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it.  (Psalm 127:1a)  It is our hope and prayer that our work will not be in vain and that the Lord would be with us and guide us and protect us and we are ready to give Him all the praise and glory.  We would be foolish to think that this will be an easy project (we've already hit a few bumps in the road) but we know that the Lord is good ALL the time and His faithfulness has been shown to us many, many times already. 

~ September 14, 2014






Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city the watchman waketh but in vain.

Psalm 127:1

4 comments:

  1. Happy Blog-aversary my friend!! I am SO glad you are documenting this journey! And, yes...look how far you've come. One question...did you mean to write the year as 1914?? LOL! Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It has been fun blogging! And thank you for catching my mistake. Oh my, I can't believe I sometimes still do that!!!! Sometimes it feels like it's been that long!! LOL!!!

      Delete
  2. Awww you are almost there !!!!!!so excited for you !!!!
    You have learnt so many new things !!!! I can't wait to see you all moved in !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It's getting there! Can't wait for you to visit when it's done!! We won't won't see the girls all week!! ;-) Lol

      Delete