Thursday, September 17, 2015

Preparing For Lights And Electricity.


But first things first. Here it is! The front door is in. 


Well, mostly in. The handles should be here soon so we can lock it too.


Just inside the front door, the landing of the stairs and the front closet are finished too.


The view from the top.


The house plans have been very well used. Glad we got them laminated!


The kitchen cabinet company came out and marked out all of the cabinets on the floor which I think is brilliant. Not only will it help to place the cabinets properly but it also allows me to "see" the kitchen and walk around in it. This is the kitchen sink.


The island. 


As you can see, we (me) have changed our (my) minds a couple of times on the size of the pantry.


Stove and hood fan.


Placing the pot lights in the kitchen.



We are going through lots of these...


...and lots of this!


These light switches are by the patio doors. One is higher than the other because.....


....it's for the security lights that will go up there in the peaks and we don't want them to be turned on mistakenly.


It's kind of a weird feeling to have the electrician follow you around the house and put light switches and electrical outlets wherever you tell him to. It's overwhelming actually. It sounds like fun in theory but I find it very stressful. Yet again, I wish I could live here for 6 months and then decide where I want them.


This looks like a lot of switches in one spot but you are actually seeing both sides of the wall.


The main breaker panel.


The cabinet company also mapped out the bathroom cabinets. This is the upstairs bathroom.


This is the main bathroom.


The current code requires smoke detectors inside every bedroom and outside the door of every bedroom. That's something we don't mind complying with. Safety first!!



Bedrooms!


We put adjustable reading lights into the ceiling of the master bedroom. Yay for night time reading without having all of the lights on.


Can't forget a few outlets outside.


You can't tell what's happening from the outside. It still looks the same.


The weather has been much more fall like this week. Speaking of fall....


...just look at the colour of these leaves!! Are you getting tired of looking at fall trees yet? Bah, silly question!! Who could ever get tired of looking at these beautiful colours??!!


Oh alright, I won't make you look at anymore pictures of all of the beautiful, glorious fall colours.


Oops, ok, one more. Seriously, I just find it fascinating that something that is dying can be so incredibly beautiful!! 


Hmmm, speaking of death but perhaps not so beautiful, this little angel (a gift from my mom) lost her head recently. And I do mean lost as we have yet to find it!  Mom, if you are reading this, I'm sorry!!! I knew as I put it on the shelf that it probably wasn't a good idea with our space being so limited but I wanted to enjoy it now. 

In this house! 

Ugh! 

This isn't the first figurine to suffer this tragic end at our house and I'm sure it won't be the last. I often wonder why we can't have nice things at our house that don't get broken like I'm sure other, normal families have?

But the more I look at this little angel, the more I am reminded of a very significant truth. This is how we are supposed to come before the Lord. 

Broken. 

Broken because of the sin than separates us from Him. 

Broken because of how often we fail Him.

Broken because we will never achieve here what He had planned for us when He created us. 


Maybe it's a good thing I am reminded of this often. 

Perhaps more often than most.



For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Psalm 51:16-17


6 comments:

  1. Wow !!!! How exciting !!!! I can't even imagine getting to pick where plug ins go !!!!! It seems they are never in the right place for me !!!! Lol
    I go around snapping pics of the glorious fall colours too !!!!!
    I tried not to laugh when I saw your angels head lol for I remember the days of never having anything nice that wasn't glued back together lol !!! It is also a reminder that you share your world with sweet little ones !!! And even big ones lol !!!
    They grow up so fast !! And move on and your shelves become full of unbroken pretties !! But you will wish your full house back !!! So enjoy this time !!! Even if you don't find her head lol !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I want them to be in the right place too. Who wants to be the person down the road that people wonder what in the world they were thinking when they built this house??? Lol. And yes, thanks for the reminder, people over things always!

      Delete
  2. SO happy for you that you are many steps closer to occupying your new home my friend. It is going to be wonderful! SO sorry about the figurine that met with tragedy. Aww....not fun. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camille. It is beginning to feel real now. It feels like it's really starting to come together!

      Delete
  3. Yay, soon to weather proof, (critter proof, (sorta) bug proof :-) etc), lol I hope to soon see it sided ;-) how did all your watermelons and Pumpkins etc do. My Blueberries did great was at least 2 or 3 hundred when it was done my apples however only 1 grew to full size and ripened, it was really sweet though, I'm so happy you now have a door and all (?) of the windows in, Once the siding is on you wont really need to worry to much about rain & snow, Heat might be a concern though ;-) I hope all are well, say Hi to everyone, your all in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kevin. We really appreciate everyone's prayers! Yes, siding!! Soon! Just being able to shut the doors and windows makes a huge difference in the temperature inside. Being up on a hill it is very windy, which I love, but it's also nice to keep it outside too now that it is getting colder. The garden did great, I'll have an update soon. Lots of veggies! The pumpkins were early. It was such a different growing season this year than we are used to. That's awesome about your blueberries!! Wow! I would have loved to try them!

      Delete