Sunday, September 13, 2015

Fall Fair 2015


The sunflowers are high in the sky and that can only mean one thing... 

...it's time for the fall fair!


The weather was amazing making it a perfect day to wander around the fair grounds...


...and hold a chick or two.


Lydia is gathering eggs from hens that are much more co-operative than ours.


Big sister comes to help.


We head to the buildings but first, look at the colour of those amazing trees! I could look at them all day long!! Did I ever mention that I loooooooove fall?


Hannah won two 2nd place prizes for dresses she entered into the fair.



A satisfying accomplishment for all of her hard work.


Off to view the barns and all the livestock.


I confess, I was taking a picture of the beautiful trees and I noticed that I had included some antique tractors as well. But really, those trees!!


Ben and Matt disappeared and then reappeared with matching shirts and mini donuts.


This was hard for me to watch as it made my stomach bounce around but surprising no one, the boys loved it!


We finally made it to the rides! So much fun to watch the little kids get so excited! And Ben too! Ben and Abby enjoy a ride on the ferris wheel.


Of course it would be those two with their hands up!


Matt and Joey are more laid back riders. Well, on the ferris wheel anyway.


It was Miss Lydia's first time on the ferris wheel. Her sweet face! Can you tell how excited she is??


This picture reminds me so much of when my older kids were younger. It's hard to believe that 20 years later, we are still riding the kiddie train at the fair.


Visiting the horses is a must!


Patiently waiting for the parade to start.

 

Don't let the name Fall Fair fool you, the weather has been hot and not very fallish!! (Except for the trees, did I mention the trees?) It is therefore necessary for one to find a suitable way to reduce their core body temperature


Look at this, we have the entire beach to ourselves.


Every way you look, it's just us.


Enjoying the peace and calm and serenity.


Until Matt showed up, that is!


Lydia is enjoying her turn.



Matt and Steve making some waves!


 Matt and Abby making some more!


What's a guy to do while waiting his turn for a ride? Hey, people pay big money for mud baths.


Beach time is so much fun!


Finishing it off with a mud mask. I bet his skin will be so soft.



I am working on an update post on the house. Hopefully, it will be up in the next couple of days. We have been busy here. Well, it seems we are always busy but sometimes we are busier than normal. The last couple of weeks have been that kind of busy. The electricians are coming on Monday so the guys have been getting the back framing finished to be ready for them. The trades take priority so the siding waits. I'm happy the trades are there, don't get me wrong, but seeing those boxes sit there with the siding in them and knowing it has to wait is frustrating.  The temptation is to, yet again, be dissatisfied with the speed at which this project progresses, something that happens more often than I care to admit.

We have so much to be thankful for that I won't complain about seemingly trivial things like having to wait to put the siding on. The Lord has provided the siding and the house to put it on. He will also provide the time to put it on.

We can wait.




Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 5:24

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a great day !!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one that admires the fall trees lol
    Sophia said , yes yes , the trees " lol
    Looks like everyone had a great time !!! Love the matching shirts !!!! Isn't it funny if you asked them to wear matching shirts ...... Lol
    I'm the same as you , I love fall !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must be kindred spirits! Yes, I thought the boys were done with matching shirts. I guess the past is not easily undone! Lol You're right though, if I would have asked them to wear them........

      Delete
  2. The fair looks like so much fun! Way to go, Hannah!!!!! The pic of the boys made me smile because I have one backwards hat wearing son as well....hmm, same birth order even, lol. My boys would totally have bought matching shirts, too, but the style would have been something a little different than your fellas I would imagine :) I need to stop reading your blog now, missing you all too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they have always been fairly similar, haven't they? :-)

      Delete