Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Time To Sit


So.... this happened.


This is exactly what I was afraid of happening. And on the first significant snowfall of the season. How embarrassing! It's an old injury (the first time I injured it, I was playing basketball in high school if that tells you anything). It does not appreciate ice or snow or tripping on snowbanks (and it was every bit as ungraceful as you might imagine!). My fear of re-injuring this ankle is some of the reason why my anxiety level increases during this season. I guess I can relax now.

I'm pretty sure I don't need to say how most inconvenient this is. For now, and for the next while, I will be switching gears and taking a more "behind the scenes" approach to helping out because pretty much whatever I do, has to be done from this position. 


From my chair, I can still keep an eye on who comes and goes and thankfully for cell phones, I can keep in touch with everyone. It is still inconvenient, however, to not actually be outside. Just in case you were wondering.


When  my foot heals, I look forward to wearing these. They aren't pretty but they're perfect for winter and they will hopefully help keep my ankle in the proper position. Thank you Ben for thinking of me and getting them for me.



Thankfully, we had a couple days out enjoying the snow before my fall. 


Getting bundled up.


These hills make for good tobogganing.


It would be so pretty, if it wasn't so dangerous.


Ah, youth! Snow just means fun!!



We had the driveway plowed and sanded so the large trucks could get up the hill.


It's no small feat to get them up there and situated in the snow. This one just barely made it, even with chains. Thankfully, the drywall has been delivered already so this should be the last of the big trucks for a while!


Little house in the woods.



So, things are picking up here again after a period of inactivity. Despite weather and injury, work forges ahead and we are very thankful that neither was severe enough to seriously impede progress. Just inconvenient. 


Stay tuned for a post on the insulation coming soon!




Keep sound wisdom and discretion: So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck. Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble. When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

Proverbs 3:21b-24


1 comment:

  1. Oh No!! So sorry you were injured my friend....not fun! However, I am glad you have kept your humour intact....it is a beautiful thing. Ben's sweet gift makes me smile....a good hubby in the making. Hugs to you! Love, Camille

    ReplyDelete