Sunday, May 29, 2016

A Merry Heart

This week has been more of the same. The finishing work is going to take a while but thankfully, it is going well, for the most part. The mood has been pretty relaxed here, as you will see, and even though it's slow going, it's going and for that, we are thankful.


Lydia came up with me to say goodnight and to check out progress. Might as well get in the sink hole while she's there, right?  Silly girl!


She's telling me where everything will go in the pantry...

 

...and trying out the soft close drawers.


Laundry room!


Ben approves!


The door to the basement is in!


Taking a break and being silly.  Trust me, this was the best picture I could get!


Back to work! Matt takes the neccessary measurements... 


...and cuts the trim to the appropriate size...


...while Ben strikes a pose, um, I mean, paints! 


Actually Ben paints the trim first...


...while dancing and Hannah takes them upstairs for Matt to cut. 


They're making a dent in the pile!


Dancing or not, they do great work, don't they?
 

I'll give you three guesses who is doing the nosings for the stairwell? Got it on the first try, did you? I wonder why??? 


Meanwhile upstairs, Phil is having a bit of an issue getting one of the doors into the frame. He's sanding down the edges for a better fit.


Hannah helps clean up.


Trying again...


...and this time it goes in.


Ben puts the trim in the master bathroom. I think this is the only serious picture I got of him this week.


Looks good!! 


In the kitchen, Phil built a concrete pad for the oven to sit on.


Speaking of appliances, it's time to move them up to the house.


Here comes the fridge!


It just barely fits!


The oven we chose is a beast! It's a commercial oven that we got at a restaurant auction and it weighs about 400 lbs but hopefully it will make cooking for 9 of us a bit easier.


Special delivery!


Waiting to be installed.



But it's never all work.


I got a great deal on, you guessed it, the Buy & Sell, on bee equipment, moving us one step closer to getting bees!


Surprise!!


Ben's friends took him to play paintball for his birthday.


Such a great cake they gave him.


Matt played to win and judging by the lack of paint on him, I think he was successful.


We hatched a goose in the incubator.


Collected fire wood together. Well most of us did...


...while Riley enjoyed a good run in the upper field.


Matt fulfilled his dream of buying a motorcycle. He has an exam in a couple of weeks and then he can ride independantly. Care to pray with us?


The view from the top.




A merry heart doeth good like a medicine...
Proverbs 17:22a

3 comments:

  1. Nice words only, please! But yes! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must just be bursting with anticipation!! You are almost there!!! I love your stove....what a gorgeous addition to your kitchen. I have so enjoyed following along on your house-building adventure....thank you for sharing it all in this way. Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been great to be able to document the process for us to look back on and also to share it with our friends and family! What a ride it's been! I'm so thankful for the experience and I'm so thankful that it's almost over! :-) Hugs back to you!! <3 <3

      Delete