Boxes. Everywhere. It feels like we are moving in but no, not yet. This week, we have been organizing the kitchen and by organizing, I mean finding it. It has been downstairs in boxes for a few months along with the bathrooms. It was sort of organized chaos. We knew where the pieces were, now the job was to find which piece goes where.
Welcome to the jungle, I mean, the kitchen.
I know, right?
Was I kidding?
At least it's easy to see where this one goes!
Laundry room cabinets ready for installation!
Everything is still covered in a fine layer of dust so these will stay covered for now.
The bathroom vanities came in pieces and it was a little tricky to find what went where.
With the cabinets cleared out, we are starting to see evidence of Matt's gym in the basement.
Laundry room cabinets are in!
Still sorting in the kitchen.
Phil and Matt busy at work.
I'm pretty sure it's obvious where I took this picture from. OK, yes, I was sitting down watching them work. What???
Voila!! The first cabinets are up! You can sure tell the difference between the Antique White of the cupboards and the Classic White of the primer when they are right next to each other.
Now to start on the bottom.
Taking a break from the kitchen to work on the bathrooms. This is the bathroom upstairs.
And the master bathroom. They still look a little odd without the sinks in yet.
Outside, Ben is building a set of stairs from the rocks for access to the basement. It is hot and dusty work and the poor guy is getting eaten by mosquitoes! They are early this year. I know I've mentioned it before but these guys work all day so I'm quite sure the last thing they want to do when they get home is more work but out they go. And work they do! We are very thankful for their industriousness. Their reward is coming.... soon.
So how exactly does one cool off at the end of a hot, dry, dusty day?
Well, in a cattle trough of course.
Now before you all say "Ewwwwwww", I'll just tell you now that that is a clean trough with fresh water in it that we brought up to water the fruit trees with. No animals have used it. Well, um, other than the ones pictured. ;-) No, the only one who has used a cattle trough to dunk their face in is, well, me. A few years back, I was carrying broilers (meat birds) to load onto the truck and the proper way of doing this to keep them calm, is by carrying them upside down by their feet. One of them let go with a stream of feces which hit me right on the side of my face and yup, right in my mouth!! I struggled to hand my birds off to someone else and ran for the closest water I could find which was, you guessed it, the cattle trough. And let me tell you, I didn't care!! Nobody ever said farming was glamourous! I wonder what my immunity is like to avian diseases? I don't know but I do give you all permission to say it now....
"Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!"
Let's end on a happier note though. Here's a sneak preview of the next post I'm working on.
Seriously!! Both of them! So adorable!!
These little ladies are purebred Dorper ewes and they are so sweet!! And yes, not much bigger than the cat, here at just over a week old.
I love their little, black faces!
And their little bleat is so sweet. Not sweet enough to entice to me to go out for the middle of the night feeding but thankfully, they were weaned of that feeding pretty quick!
So the goal this week is to get two cabinets installed per evening. We are really hoping to get the water hooked up soon so finishing the kitchen and bathrooms is an important step to achieving that. One step, then the next, followed by the next.
Slowly. But surely.
It's how we roll.
So the goal this week is to get two cabinets installed per evening. We are really hoping to get the water hooked up soon so finishing the kitchen and bathrooms is an important step to achieving that. One step, then the next, followed by the next.
Slowly. But surely.
It's how we roll.
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Galations 6:9



I LOVE the cabinets so far and that upstairs bathroom looks awesome!!!!!! Almost ready for visitors? This weather has the lake calling out to us :)
ReplyDeleteThank you!! Haha, that depends, do you prefer full service or self service? ;-) Lol either way it would be great to see you again!!
ReplyDelete