The trusses have arrived. They came this week. They are the next thing to work on and I am trying not to be impatient. It seems though, I just can't get it right because when I worry that the guys aren't working at their jobs and have lots of time to work on the house, the next thing that happens is that they have lots of work at their jobs and don't have time for the house. That was the way it went this week. We knew that it would be like this with progress on the house happening in spurts, as time allowed. So the trusses wait. We are glad to have the trusses here and ready to be put in and we are thankful that there is work for them at their jobs. Win, win, right?
See, I'm not the only one that takes pictures.
We decided to do some shopping on Friday. I've been putting it off for quite sometime because it requires us to drive a significant distance. Our town has what we need for the most part but for the big box stores, we head into the 'big city'.
It was pretty foggy heading out in the morning.
Soon, the fog lifted and we could enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Ben was at the helm of ol' Bessie. I called shotgun.
The first stop...
This is just about everyone's favourite place to go.
I think this is mine.
Keep in mind, we only do this every 4-6 weeks, so it's no surprise it was a 2 cart day.
Now, we just need to find some room. And by we, I mean Ben.
Well, it's not Alberta cheap but it's not bad for here.
Our craft supplies usually consist of whatever I can find at the Dollar Store so it's a treat to go to an actual craft store. Well, it's a treat for me but I may just be easily amused. This time, I remembered to print a coupon before we left which is a miracle in and of itself! I usually remember as we are pulling into the parking lot.
Before we head out for the long drive home, we need to fuel up at, let's be honest, only the best place on earth. Sweet nectar of life! No Starbuck's for me. Yeah, I said it.
Have I ever told you how thankful I am for our van? It's old and falling apart (well, the plastic parts anyway) and it has a kazillion km's on it but I love it. It gets us where we need to go, most of the time. It has brought our babies home from the hospital and it has carried everything in the back from groceries to chickens and hay and even calves!! Seriously. I pray for our van too. Is that weird? I know that's the only reason it is still running. None of this Ford or GM business, it's prayer, my friends, that keeps a vehicle running reliably. And you should probably keep up on regular maintenance.
In all seriousness, we are so thankful to the Lord for His many blessings. That we can go to the store and buy groceries when we need them. We are thankful that there are stores to buy food. We live in a country that is overflowing with bountiful food and water and we don't want to take that for granted. We drive vehicles and enjoy a standard of living that is unknown to some. So we give thanks to the Lord for the many ways he has blessed us today. The ability to feed and clothe our family, a place to live, our health, our safety, our families and our children. They are such a blessing to us as well. If all of these blessings were taken from us, it is my ardent prayer that we would be able, with the Lord's Help and Grace, to say, "The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy.
1 Timothy 6:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
James 1:17


SO enjoy peeking into the happenings around there my friend. Ben looks so confident at the wheel. Fraser keeps on reminding us how little time there is left of his non-driving days!! Yippee for Costco!! And Michael's...with a coupon, of course. And...Tim Horton's....yes, please! XOXO
ReplyDeleteWe were laughing because the first picture I took of him, he blinked and it looked like he was driving with his eyes closed. Yes, Hannah is doing the countdown too. I can't picture her driving that big van though. The boys were much bigger than her when they were 16. She may have to learn standard and drive Phil's truck!
DeleteHello my friend!! Yay trusses!!! So happy for you. I see your snow is gone. We still have lots and it's snowing again today. Everyone has gone skiing today. I'm home with Nate and Paisley..oh and poor Zachie has to work on his birthday. Welcome to adulthood...no skiing for you..only WORK! Anyway, this was just going to be a short post on your trusses and shopping, but I just keep blathering on and on about me...hahahaha...sorry! Love and miss you guys
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding? I LOVE hearing about your what you are up to!! You should blog. Have I mentioned that before? I can't remember. ... lol! So excited to see books coming in to your store, did you catch that? YOUR STORE!!! What an amazing way the Lord is blessing your family!! So happy for you and can't wait to watch and cheer you all on!!! Love you and miss you too!!!
DeleteOh and Happy Birthday to Zach!!! Isn't being an adult fun? Lol
Delete