I will try not to focus too much on the weather in this post but it is such a big part of this project that it is hard not to mention it at all. It is changing so fast now. It went from this..
... to this in less than a week. With the weather warming up so quickly, I can sum things up in one word... WET!
We are not complaining though because the milder weather has given us another window of opportunity to make more progress and everyone is happy about that. And of course, the saying is true, you don't have to shovel rain. We are thankful for the break from constant snow clearing even if it means sliding around on our driveway in the mud now instead of the snow.
Finishing up the floor.
The hole is cut for the stairwell. We usually keep it covered though to prevent any accidents.
Laying out the studs to frame the walls.
The wall is framed and ready to be lifted into place. You would have had to have seen how hard it was raining to truly appreciate this picture. Oh wait, you can....
The first wall is up and Matty is putting the braces on.
Checking out the view from the bathroom window.
Looking up from the driveway.
Coffee break!!
The first side is finished.
So much fog but you get the picture.
The first look out the laundry room window.
Preparing for the second wall to go up.
Mission accomplished!
Looking out the front door.
The side wall waiting to go up.
The opposite side wall. The door here is the side entrance into the laundry room.
It is starting to look like.... a house!!
Nailing, like a boss.
Matt, as you can see, has no fear of heights. He'll be tying on in the next phase though. Did I mention he's looking forward to installing the trusses?
The end of the day and everyone is still smiling. I call that a success! Thank you Lord!
While we are building, life carries on and the farm chores still need to be done.
I find it rather interesting that cows never walk in a straight line.
These ladies are still giving us yummy eggs.
This is the view from the barn looking toward the house. I tried to go further up the hill behind the barn but without snowshoes, you will still sink over your knees in places.
The water from the creek is flowing and the ponds are filling up.
And of course there is the local wildlife. You know you live in Canada when you see this out the kitchen window...
Thank you to Steve for grabbing the camera as this moose and her calf strolled down our driveway.
As we get further along in the building process, we are mindful that it will be getting more dangerous. We are thankful that the Lord has granted us health and safety this far and while we know and accept that these are blessings from Him, we are also fully aware that the Lord uses many different situations to teach us and to draw us more fully to Himself. Some of these ways are through illness and injury. I can attest to this, having been through cancer twice in my life. While I certainly wouldn't have chosen those paths for myself, I am able to see now, how the Lord used them to make Himself known to me in ways that would have been impossible otherwise. After you have faced the reality of death, you are able to more fully appreciate the gift of life and its preciousness. And it is a gift. To be treasured each day. We don't know how many days we have on this earth but we do know that our days have been numbered from before the foundation of the earth. We know that there are no surprises to God and He is never caught off guard by what happens to us. That doesn't mean that we will always understand why things happen the way they do but we know that He will never leave us or forsake us. So we take as many safety precautions as we can and then continue to ask for health and safety and we also ask for peace. Peace that passes understanding. Peace that allows us to get up and face each day knowing the outcome for that day is completely in the Lord's hand. Exactly where we would have it.
O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from they presence? If I ascend up to into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
Psalm 139: 1-18








No comments:
Post a Comment