Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekend Pictures

There is not too much going on with the house right now. The big accomplishment this weekend was getting the end walls up on the second floor. The trusses are still waiting to be installed. Since it is a pretty big job, Phil would like to wait until we have a couple days in a row to work on them. So hopefully we can start on a Friday and continue to work over the weekend. In the meantime...


Phil and Matt building the end walls.


It's so much more comfortable to work in the sunshine.


Running out of daylight. Setting up for work after dark.



It gets very dark here at night. The plus side is that the stars are pretty amazing!!


The view from the driveway. I'm loving that blue sky!


End walls are up.


The two windows at the bottom are the basement bedroom windows.


It's looking rather barnish at the moment but Phil assures me this will change after the roof and the deck go on. I'll take his word for it.


These are the windows in the master bedroom and bathroom.


These are the windows for the upstairs bedrooms. There is also a small library/reading nook at the top of the stairs and a storage room around behind the stairs.


There will eventually be a wall between these two windows.


This is standing on the second floor looking back.


The snow is melting enough for us to walk up the back hill.


What is this? Large sections of bare ground at the top! 
Spring is around the corner. Yippee!!


Standing at the top of the hill looking back toward the house.


With all of the snow melting we continue to slide around the driveway in the mud, which some of us find more fun than others. It will definitely need some work this summer but with all of the trucks continously coming and going, it would be pointless to fix it now.  We are hoping it will dry up soon and in the meantime, we are just trying to ride it out.  Haha, no pun intended.


Funny thing about the mud. Joey came running inside on Valentine's Day, insistent that he needed the camera. He came back in with this...


That's my boy. Has an artistic eye, that one. ♡♡


A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

John 13:34-35

2 comments:

  1. Love. It. All! (Well...okay...not the mud...but, everything else!) Love the views and all those windows!!! Looking forward to seeing it like Phil does already in his mind's eye. Haha...Joey's photo is perfect! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. For whatever reason, the side of my brain that can picture things just doesn't work great. It's not like I'm dumb (I don't think, haha) but I see the plans, I see the building but some things still don't make sense to me. I'm sure Phil gets tired of explaining things to me. Thankfully he is very patient!!

    ReplyDelete