Sunday, February 15, 2015

Fast and Furious

Progress the last few days has been fast and furious. Phil and the boys worked full time on the house last week which is both good and bad. Good for obvious reasons but bad because that meant that they weren't at their regular jobs. There was a lull in between jobs so they had some time off which is not abnormal but you know me and worrying. Oh, have I not mentioned it before that I tend to worry about things? Well, I try not to but I'm not going to lie, it happens. More than I'd like it to. But I'm trying today to just be happy with progress and not read into things too much. 


This is the kitchen and living room windows on the west side of the house. The doors in between them lead out to the deck. The plywood on the floor is sheeting for the second floor.


Looking at the kitchen which faces south. 


The joists are up for the second floor.


A Ben's eye view. 


This is looking back toward the east side of the house. 


The laundry room, bathroom and a study/bedroom.



So good to see things are starting to dry out.


Matt enjoying the view. 


Hannah and Steve have been making progress in the basement. Looking good guys!



Hannah is screwing down the floor on the second floor.


There is lots of things for the younger children to do. This hill of dirt needs to be explored.


The weather has been so mild. No jacket required.


With lots of play, comes dirt. Lots of dirt. So much dirt. I'm thankful that they can run and play so I'm trying not to concentrate on the dirt. I'll let you know how it goes.

                               

I know, right?


The sheeting is almost finished on the second floor.


The snow is melting. Yay!! 


I never get tired of the sunsets here. It's been almost 4 years since I've been able to watch the sunset from the house and I am looking forward to doing it again. It's one of my favourite times of the day. This is the view from the kitchen window.


We are so thankful for the progress that was made this last week. Everyone really pitched in to help. The more progress that happens, the more excited everyone is to move on to the next step. The next step for us now is trusses. They are due to be delivered this week. 

Feel free to pray for us, if you feel led. :-)


Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest.

Joshua 1:9

8 comments:

  1. Now its REALLY looking like a house!! So excite for ya'll! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you are keeping safe in the snow. You've been on our minds and we are praying for you.

      Delete
    2. The road are still closed but we are fine! Praying for you all too!

      Delete
    3. Thank you!! Looking forward to talking to you soon!!! :-)

      Delete
  2. SOOOO wonderful!!!! I am enjoying journeying through this with you via this means. From my end it's much less muddy. ;-) Oh...and your sunset view...LOVE it! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you are joining us on this journey!! The mud Camille, seriously, you have no idea. It is a continual battle and some days I think the mud wins!! Hopefully it will dry up soon though, before people come to visit. ;-) Lol

      Delete
  3. Wow! The house is looking so great! You'll be on to painting walls in no time, and then trim....oh yes, there will be trim, LOL! What an immense amount of work for one week, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It's funny when you can see how much work would be getting done if they were working on it full time. Then I get impatient for progress! LOL But we do actually have to pay for it too so I'm thankful they have jobs to go to. Just need more patience. :-)

    ReplyDelete