We are officially under way. It is hard to believe that this day is finally here. I don't know who was more excited to watch the excavator arrive, the younger children or the "older" children. Haha I'm sure the excitement was for different reasons but then again, maybe not. It is kind of neat to be so close to a machine so huge and be able to watch them work. From a safe distance, of course. :-)
Our property has two hills on it. This smaller hill is at the front of the property. The road we live on is actually between this hill and the trees in the back ground although you can't see it in this picture. We are going to build the house on this hill. It will be graded down substantially. Not completely level but it will be much flatter than it is pictured here.
This is the much steeper hill at the back of the property. We thought about building the house into this hill but we had concerns about proper drainage. That and it would cost significantly more. That is often the deciding factor. We had the house plans flipped so that this will be the view from the living room. With it the other way, the view was a large row of trees. Pretty yes, but not really interesting. To be honest, this view will give us the earliest heads up when someone leaves the gate open and the cows get out. Ask me how I know this matters. :-)
So the excavator made its way up to the top to begin. It was threatening to rain but thankfully, it held off.
After the first swipe (is that what they call what excavators do?), they stop to inspect the soil. Thankfully, it all looks good.
And away he goes.
Somebody is having just a little bit too much fun for this to be considered "work".
The kids stop by to talk to Dad. They don't often get to see him at work.
By afternoon, it's starting to look a lot different. They are saving the top soil to spread back out later.
I'm sure there is some method to their madness but it just looks like a big mess to me. It's hard to picture our house sitting here one day. I did say I am not very good at picturing things though. I am very glad that I don't have to understand it or make it happen.
This is real. We are really doing this. The Lord has provided in every way possible to bring this to fruition. I'm embarrassed to say, but I had my doubts. Why is it so hard sometimes to believe He can do something without seeing how He will do it? But make no mistake, He can. And it is in His time, and in His way and for His glory that He brings it about. We don't need to know, we just need to ask.
Call unto me and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
Jeremiah 33:3












No comments:
Post a Comment