Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Houston, we have a hole in the ground.


Finally, after much grading, they are starting to dig out the foundation.


It doesn't look very deep from the picture but it is about 5 feet deep.


 

See that mound in the top left corner? (sorry for the bad pic) That's about 2 1/2 feet of bedrock. Fred and Wilma would be proud. That is also our latest delay.  We can't continue until we can figure out how to get through that rock. There are a few options being considered.  One of them involves drilling holes into it and blasting it.  Apparently, any problem can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.  Hmmm, who knew this could get so complicated?  Leaving it to those who know what they are doing. As usual.


Here are the different layers  There is approximately 12 feet difference from the top of the dirt pile to the bottom of the foundation.


X marks the spot.  Not sure what for.  I see these all over the place and I'm sure they mean something to someone.  

The last week or so has been a real lesson in patience and contentment.  All around us, houses are going up and the temptation is to think, "why can't we see that kind of progress on our house"?  There's not really anything we can do right now.  Oh, except maybe change our (read "my") attitude and be thankful in everything. Like delays and setbacks?  Sure, why not?  I'm sure the Lord would have been more specific if there were some areas that we didn't need to be thankful in.  "For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you".  It is the Lord's will for us to be thankful.  I need to be content where we are.  When I looked up Hebrews 13:5 on being content, the first thing I read was "Let your speech be without covetousness".  

Ouch.  

Duly noted. 


 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Hebrews 13:5


In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
 1Thessalonians 5:18

4 comments:

  1. It's a constant battle, isn't it? May the Lord continue to give you much grace and strength as you wait and work and plan. He truly is in control and does all things well. Big HUGS! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything happens as it should in the lords own time, continued prayers for your Family and this endeavor...
    also if you could film post the blasting of tha bedrock, that would be cool.... ;-) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Kevin. I was hoping not to be home when it happens. I think all the guys are trying to be home for it though. The blaster guy said one of them can push the button. Haha they are so excited. Silly boys!!

      Delete