Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Fire in the hole!!!!



The calm before the storm.


The children assembled at a safe distance.



Here you go, Kevin. :-)     Fire in the hole!!
(video courtesy of Matt's GoPro)


A perfect blast.  The large chunk of rock, broken up into small manageable pieces and nothing tossed into the air, to cause any damage. 


The cows and the neighbour's horses were all fine but we did hear from every dog in the neighbourhood.  Understandably.





Inspecting the blast site.




Hannah is getting instructions on the fine art of setting charges.  Phil is just happy because he got to press the detonator. 


I was thinking today of when Jesus was speaking to the disciples about their lack of faith. If they just had a small grain of faith, they would be able to tell a mountain to move from one place to another, and it would move.  As I reflect on my own faith, so small as it is at times, I wonder what it would be like to have that kind of faith. To just be able to say to the rock, "Move over there".  

It certainly would have been easier.  

And cheaper. 

Sigh.


So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

Matthew 17:20

2 comments: