Today, things are already looking much different. It's hard to believe how much earth can be moved around in such a short amount of time.
Phil is removing fence posts to make way for the new driveway. He informed us today, from an aerial view, the driveway will look like a giant P. How appropriate.
Matty had his turn playing, um, I mean working with the Bobcat. He's building a road for the dump truck to get through. I know he does this all the time at work but it's still hard for me to see him operating these machines. I just keep thinking he's too little. I know he'll be embarrassed for me to say it but I can still see him as a little guy watching "Mighty Machines". Now he's operating the mighty machines. It's both fascinating and terrifying to watch your children grow up. Mommas of little ones, enjoy each stage. Blink and your baby's driving a Bobcat.
I'd be lying if I didn't say I was kind of hoping that my younger children wouldn't notice the rather large mountain of dirt piled up. Maybe it's because of our current laundry facilities or maybe because I worry about more things now, but I had hoped they would just walk right past it. Or maybe I'm just getting less fun as I grow older. Doesn't matter, they made a bee line for it.
I'm trying to see past the mess to enjoy this with them. I'm having a hard time. Trust me. Does she have to stand so close to the edge?
Apparently, it needed to be conquered. Enter Abby.
If going up is fun, then running down at break neck speed is better. I am still not having fun but I am letting them have this today. I know, I'm a giver.
Aah, Lydia. Happy to stand with Mom and not do anything dangerous or dirty. You are my new favourite. ;-)
Poor Riley. He is not super happy about all these loud machines wreaking havoc with our peace and quiet. He is especially quiet when we go out for walks and for now, is leaving behind his naughty puppy ways and staying very close to us. For now. I'm wondering how long it will take for him to get used to the noise and go back to his old naughty puppy ways. It can't be long.
This is for my critics, I mean friends, who say I never post pictures of myself. I was trying to get Matt in the picture too but was too distracted seeing myself on the screen so I just barely fit him in. It was starting to look somewhat awkward standing there taking selfies while everyone else was working so this will have to do.
Again, the skies threatened all day to open up. These guys are used to working in the rain so it's not that big of deal for them. It's 40 something me, traipsing around, trying to keep up with children bursting with excitement, that the Lord had mercy on today. The clouds made for some amazing pictures though. (not fully appreciated in these pictures) The expanse of sky is incredible to stand under. Especially on a clear night with no city lights to obscure the stars. You feel so small in this universe. That the Lord is mindful of us among all that He has created is baffling. And yet He is. That He loves us and gives us far more than we ever deserve is unfathomable. And yet He does.
I feel incredibly thankful to stand here today, under this sky that declares the glory of the God.
Known and loved by the Creator of the universe.
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psalm 19:1











Love it all! HUGS....I know you need them. SO exciting!!! I am glad you are documenting it all for yourselves and us. XOXO
ReplyDeleteThanks Camille!! Hugs gladly accepted!!!! ♥♥♥
DeleteAwesome progress in such a short time! That's so great! Make sure you plow enough driveway for me to get the trailer in, I can't wait to visit, LOL!
ReplyDeleteThank you!!! With our P shaped driveway, no more backing in! Yay!!! :)
Delete