The weather has taken a turn and it is much colder now. The sun usually comes out every day and that makes the cold somewhat more tolerable. Somewhat. I'm not a fan of the cold weather. Unless of course, 1) I have a cup of tea, 2) I have a warm fire place to sit next to and 3) I don't have to go anywhere for four months. The tea is the only viable option of those three right now. So, we pile on more layers and the project continues.
That white stuff on the ground? Heavy frost. That's what I'm telling myself anyway. Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt. I'm starting to see a flat area appearing. That is our future front lawn. There's a hill about 10 feet high. I foresee some serious tobogganing. Notice I didn't say 'sledding'? Funny story. When we moved to this area, we eventually noticed that people refer to what we call 'snowmobiling' as 'sledding'. They refer to 'snowmobiles' as 'sleds'. You can imagine the looks on people's faces when I told them that we bought each of the children their own sled so they didn't have to wait so long for a turn. Of course, in my head, I was thinking of the $4.99 crazy carpets at Canadian Tire, not a $10,000 Arctic Cat.
Lesson learned in demographic colloiquialisms. Lesson for me? Don't talk so much. Moving right along.
Here's that hill from another angle. That's Matt trying to make sure I don't sleep for a long time.
![]() |
That's the driveway taking form.
The driveway from a different angle.
The flat spot here is marked out for "the hole" as we are referring to it these days. Still can't picture a house sitting there. There is still some dirt to be moved.
We are so happy that our children want to help. There's an important job for everyone.
Here Steven and Joey are moving fence posts and stacking them to make a path for the excavator.
Work can be fun especially if you know there is a batch of these waiting for you.....
I got this recipe from my good friend, Camille. You can find the recipe here. I think it goes without saying that these are delicious but I'll say it anyway. These are delicious!! She has amazing recipes on her blog that I like to try. Hers always look professionally made and her cinnamon buns are no exception. Mine, um, could use some work on presentation but thankfully, this in no way affects the taste!! They were gone in no time.
So this project isn't moving at sonic speed. We knew it wouldn't. We have to work around a lot of schedules. We feel sometimes like we are in a race against the weather. We aren't. The Lord's timing is perfect. We are calm and we don't stress about the things we can't control. OK, I put that last one in to see if anyone is still reading. We attempt to be calm and those of us who have control issues try not to stress about the things we can't control. Not always succeeding but trying. The Lord doesn't need our help, He just wants us to be still before Him and let Him do this. He is more than able.
At the end of day, when the machines are silent, it gives us time to reflect on the day.
Boy, those cinnamon buns were good. ;-)
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10












So sweet of you to link to me my friend...thank you! Ah...so, your family is glad we are friends...at least in the food department? Ha! What an exciting time for you all. And, yes...keep telling yourself it's frost. Even if it's a foot deep...it's just frost. Hugs! Camille
ReplyDelete